Crown Princess Cruise Review
2,116 Reviews

Crown Princess was 'just right' for this Goldilocks!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by TX_Jane

• Sail Date: Mar 2013
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

My last cruise was in 1999 and much had changed in cruising since then. Though I loved those earlier cruises, both my husband and I really enjoyed every moment aboard the Crown Princess.

The entertainment was so enjoyable, the food (of course) delicious, and the staff was incredible.

Being a first-time cruiser, my husband packed his passport in his suitcase, so -uh oh - when it came time to board. The reassured us and dove into the ship's hold to retrieve it and bring it to him. . . all with smiles. Then I lost a necklace one evening and no idea where. The next day, there it was at the passenger service desk. What a relief!

There was something for everyone, but for us we didn't want all the many extra activities that are on many ships - we wanted a place to have good, relaxed fun! And we love kids - we have a passel of grandkids - but we didn't want a ship overwhelmed with them during our getaway. It was perfect. The kids we saw were well behaved and it seemed there were lots of activities for all young ages that they enjoyed and didn't take away from the relaxation we wanted.

The port stops were interesting - we particularly liked Roatan and our day with Islander Tours. But we enjoyed our time on the ship just as much!

Now we're figuring out our next cruise adventure!

TX_Jane's Full Rating Summary

R519 was a great cabin. Definitely enough space. Comfy bed. Great balcony. Just the right distance for elevators, stairs without hearing the noise.

TX_Jane