• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Crown Princess to the Western Caribbean
hentzkim
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2013
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

We were so excited to get back on Princess and feel that Princess level treatment. We have cruised 5 times together, but I have cruised 10+ times prior to meeting my husband. Our last cruise was my first Princess cruise and first experience with the Princess treatment. I was sold after our 14-day cruise to Hawaii in March 2012. I told my husband that it would take a lot for me to cruise with anyone but Princess. That was then, this is now after the cruise that we just got back from. The food and the service is lacking, but what surprised me the most is the cleanliness of the ship and the laid-back attitude of the staff. Here are some of the things that I encountered during the week.

1. The staff would run you over in the hallways and at the buffet. The cart was always outside of our stateroom (in the way). Never once was I asked if I wanted it to be moved.

2. The boat was filthy. We always noticed dirty plates and trash left on tables for hours. The wood in the main dining room had dirt stacked on it (not been cleaned in months).

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Cabin OW

Cabin was ok, very quiet. The mattress was old and hurt both of our backs. Carpet was filthy. This cabin has bunk beds.

Port Reviews

Belize City

Very poor country, but we had a great time and the people were very nice.

1 Helpful Vote