Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review

Radiance of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by annefran

• Sail Date: Apr 2006
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

Embarking on the ship took a while this trip due to the thorough cleaning they had to do because of the stomach illnesses that ran rampant through the ship the previous week. Once they opened up the ship, it went very quickly.

Our room was a typical balcony room. The beds were not comfortable in the least, very thin mattresses and my feet hung over the end. I'm only 5'7", I can't imagine how anyone taller slept comfortably. Our room was kept spotless and we never wanted for anything. The room attendant was great. The food was good, our waiting staff were friendly and efficient.

I enjoyed the Windjammer in the afternoon after excursions for snacks.

The entertainment had it's ups and downs. The productions were under par but the comedians and magicians were wonderful. I enjoyed the final competition for the Karaoke. We lots of talent on the ship.

People were told not to save deck chairs but did anyway. I saw quite a few fights with people taking other people's chairs when they were gone for any length of time. Some people were quite rude about surrounding you on the deck with their chairs. I felt overwhelmed by pushy people. I loved the waiters on the sundeck, always smiling and polite.

The ship overall was very beautiful but I prefer the larger Voyager Series with RCL and will stick those ships from now on.

annefran's Full Rating Summary