3. Navigator of the Seas
I normally would not take the time to write a review of a cruise but this situation warrants a few words. My wife and two teenage sons (ages 16 &17 ) booked the Navigator of the Seas because of the great reviews for teenage cruisers. This could possibly be our last family vacation for some time so we paid much more to go on this ship. That proved to be a costly mistake. We found that a senior class trip was on the ship and this caused some problems with drinking. I have no problem with controlled drinking for 18 year old kids. They could be in Iraq fighting instead of cruising. I do have a problem with "out of control" drinking and that is what we experienced all week. The group of 20-30 kids were drinking in every possible place on the ship. The elevators, chapel, and library were not off limits to this crowd. The ship security was not able to keep up with this group. They were buying beer for underage kids all week long. This put an additional worry on parents of 15-17 year old kids. The swearing we heard was as good as any heard on a US Navy ship. If there were any chaperones traveling with this group I never saw them. They certainly never had them under control. When security told them they could not drink beer in the hot tub a volley of swears was slurred. The people at RCI should restrict the drinking of 18-20 year olds to the places they purchase the drink. This would keep them more under control and less likely to slip some beer to an underage person. The food was good, the service was excellent and the cruise director was the best. Raise the age limit and we might come back. USFenceBoston@aol.com July 2003

Navigator of the Seas