• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Millennium Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

First time with Celebrity!

Review for Celebrity Millennium to the Western Caribbean
infl
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Apr 2012
Cabin: Celebrity Suite

My husband and I have cruised before but always with our children. We thought that Celebrity would be a nice option for kid free cruising. Celebrity was supposed to be a little more upscale with less party crowd. That was what we were looking for and that's why we booked it.

I wanted to have a veranda and initially booked a concierge class with veranda. My husband noted that the Sky Suites had lounge chairs and we upgraded to the Sky Suites and paid the upcharge. We were upgraded to the celebrity suite and lost the veranda that I very much wanted. I called Celebrity and I was told "I'm sorry". The person on the phone told me that verandas would be added during dry dock and there was nothing she could do for me. So, "I'm sorry" was the best that they could do. Customer service wise I wasn't too impressed. When we boarded we asked again if there was a veranda suite available and again I got "I'm sorry". I heard a gentleman next to me very disappointed in the quality of his stateroom and he got the "I'm sorry" as well. They are trained very well with the use of the word "sorry". Absolutely no efforts were made to at least show that they actually cared. I let it go, but I hesitate to sail with them again because if a really serious issue arose I don't know if they know how to say anything else.

The celebrity suite was really lovely. Very large. Well appointed. Not the quality of the a Disney stateroom or even the Freedom, but this was mainly due to age. The view was nice and I was able to let go of losing the veranda. But, it certainly changed my way of cruising as I really enjoy veranda time. The stateroom attendant and butler were nice people, but we really didn't need them. We were invited to the Elite club functions as a suite perk. My husband and I enjoyed the Captain's sail away party. The fresh fruit daily was a nice perk. We enjoyed the sparkling wine on embarkation. All nice touches.

Celebrity Suite

Cabin CS

Large. Quiet. Great location. Getting refurbished so I'm sure it will be even better.

Port Reviews

Roatan

Went with private tour called Roatan's Henry Tour. Our tour guide was Craig. We booked the VIP tour where he you do what ever you want. When we got to the island it was pouring rain and I wanted to skip out and stay on the ship, but because we made a commitment I decided we should take the umbrella in the stateroom and go anyways and I'm glad we did. Craig drove us around and taught us about the history of the island and answered all of our questions. We had lunch at Parrot Tree Resort which was nice all things considered. We ate under a palapa in the rain. Craig was always there giving us privacy when we needed it. We then decided to go snorkeling, but we saw some lightening and we going to call it and go to the ship. At the last minute we zip lined and it was fun. We didn't snorkel which is a tragedy, but we will be back. I'm pleased we actually spent the day out in the rain and got to see how the natives live. Craig made us feel comfortable the whole time which was important because it was our first time taking an excursion not associated with a crusie line.

Find a Celebrity Millennium Cruise from $428