3. Celebrity Eclipse
We arrived Miami 2/4 to spend overnight at the InterContinental Hotel prior to leaving on our cruise 2/5. We were quite pleased with the hotel prior to cruise and equally pleased with our impressive ship "Eclipse". As first time cruisers with Celebrity, we were not sure what to expect but had high hopes after reading all reviews as well as my best friend who sails with them regularly. We checked in quickly and were on the boat and in our stateroom #1527 (Aqua class)around 12:30. I had the feeling we could have even been earlier. The room was quite nice and bath very spacious. The shower lived up to the hype with all the extra jets so all was good. As aqua class receives different flavors of tea in room and special dining venue "BLU", we would likely only sail this class in the future as well. The interior avenues on this ship are almost breathtaking, we were very impressed as only being on Holland America in the past (which is also nice). I would say the major differences are ages being geared more to 40-60's and we felt food and entertainment better. Our room steward (Johnny) was very good as well as his helper. All wait staff go above and beyond and make you feel very special as well.The spa was great as well as the fitness center.

Now for my really ONLY complaint: The ship excursions we booked.

I booked my own in Grand Cayman which was Moby Dick which took us to Stingray City. They are GREAT!!! Also booked my own in Honduras which was Victor Bodden which was also GREAT! A private driver for as long as you want, LOved this!!!

The first ship excursion was in Cozumel (Scoot N Coope). The first thing we were told when we arrived to tour was the vehicle was not going to be the scoot coupe but rather a vehicle similar to a BMW smart car. This change was made (according to the guide) because it was cloudy and could not risk possibly the rain since scoot coupes are open on top. This was a let down as the appeal of the tour was based on the uniqueness of the vehicle. We got over that and decided to go ahead with the tour. The guides were very good and quite nice. The bad experience was in the final stop they made to a jewelry store which sold black coral. We negotiated a price with the establishment only to learn later they had cheated us by charging on my credit card in pesos an exchange rate which was not correct. It amounted to an overcharge of about $40. We turned a complaint into the ship desk which they did apologize and credit our account.

The next mishap happened in Costa Maya when we arrived to learn we had not purchased enough tickets for the mini rhino tour after being told by the celebrity MAIN office that we only need one ticket due to being only one vehicle. This was the case for scoot and coupe as well. Again, a complaint was filed and resolved totally by Celebrity. We felt they tried to help us with these issues and did their job to the best of their ability. It was not the fault of the excursion desk onboard but rather the Main office that had caused the problem.

We decided to do express debarkation at the advice of a fellow cruisemate which turned out was good advice. Think they got very backed up due to not enough custom agents on staff. Had plenty of time at airport but better than missing a flight.

All in all we both were satisfied with Celebrity and will sail with them again.

First time on Celebrity

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by pollywally

Now for my really ONLY complaint: The ship excursions we booked.

All in all we both were satisfied with Celebrity and will sail with them again.

pollywally’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1527
adequate space, comfy bed,good size verandah,great shower
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins