This was our third cruise on Oceania. We have cruised Istanbul to Athens and the Baltics. This cruise, Vikings/Castles/and Kings was full of interesting ports. We had two sea days to rest up. After boarding in Dover we went to lunch. Pizza was served that was dry and hard. We were shocked. My comment was is the "bloom off the rose at O?". Thank goodness a few days later the pizza was up to snuff as far as being moist and tender. It still was not as good as on other lines we have sailed. Dining in the specialty restaurants was a mixed bag. We had rather tough and dry lobster served two time. Fillet Mignon in Polo was indeed a great steak. We enjoyed the staff and food in the Grand Dining Room. Our B1 cabin was limited to continental breakfast - no eggs or breakfast meats. When I asked about a full breakfast I was told this was an "amenity" reserved for the higher cabins and suites. Personally I do not feel that having paid a handsome sum for a B1 veranda that I should be denied eggs and bacon on my room service tray. O can save the tablecloth and flower in a vase for the higher priced cabins and serve me some protein in the morning. Entertainment was not up to snuff. The on board entertainers - band, male and female singers were adequate. We had a magician/mentalist who was IMHO boring. The comedian was pretty good. Prom Night, the final of the World Cup soccer game and the all crew review were pretty bad offerings. One can only guess that entertainment is where O has made cuts in order to sail in the black. We loved our B1 veranda cabin and had sailed in 6065, 6067 and 6069. We don't mind that these cabins are smaller then those on HAL. We don't mind that they have a small shower vs a tub/shower on HAL. The size and layout are fine with us. This cruise O provided free water and soft drinks. We used 2 or 3 cans of soda as mixers and really appreciated the unlimited supply of water. Crew as usual was exceptional.

Is the bloom off the rose at Regatta?

Regatta Cruise Review by herbalsoaplady

Crew as usual was exceptional.
herbalsoaplady’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B1 6069
6065, 6067, 6069 Great location for the B1 cabins. One flight up from the Grand Dining Room. Not too far or too close to the elevators. Quiet cabin in general as most of the guests are considerate in the hallways. There was a vibration noise in the hall that was quite annoying. We did not notice this on our first Regatta cruise. It was less annoying in the cabin and I kind of thought of it as "white noise" like one of those waves machines that are supposed to help one get to sleep. There was a bit of problem with plumbing - we detected an odor in the hall more then once. Crew worked on it and things settled down.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins