• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Virtuosa Review

Editor Rating

Lovely New Ship - Sadly the negatives outweighed the positives.

Review for MSC Virtuosa to the Baltic Sea
Marden8
10+ Cruises • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin:

Booked June 2022 as we wanted to be on away when it was my dads birthday (a year to the day on his birthday, my mum was taken into a Hospice terminally ill where she passed away soon after)

We needed 2 connecting twin cabins so my dad and my wife's mum (also recently widowed) could be with us. Idea was to have my wife and me booked into one cabin and my dad and my wife's mum in the other (on paper only) this would allow us to swap onboard so I would reside in the cabin with my dad and my wife with her mum! Sounds easy enough right?

Two weeks prior to the cruise, we discovered our cabins had been changed?

The cabins we were put into were clean and tidy -

One cabin was in the sticky out bit on the Port side toward the Aft. So good undisturbed views of the front and back of the ship and the sun on the balcony most of the time when sunny!

The other reallocated cabin was for disabled guests with a wheelchair so therefore no sofa , a wet room and a tiny TV? Go figure!

Also a wooden ramp leading to the balcony which after stubbing my toe on a few times, I lifted it up and placed it out on the balcony. "I decided against throwing it overboard."

Our cabin steward was fab, bringing us everything we needed such as extra pillows, bathrobes, extra towels and more coffee sachets etc.

8 Helpful Votes