• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Jim At Sea
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

I usually cruise by myself or with one of my best friends. For this cruise we had a group of six.

Boarding was easy and quick. We had a blast on Allure, we had new cruisers and experienced cruisers in our group. We found all that we wanted to do on the cruise. So many activities (and beverages) to keep us entertained. I was in an ocean balcony, the room was the high level of clean that we have come to expect. Our room steward Paulo made sure that all was kept tidy. We took most of our meals in the main dining room with predictable good results. We did have one dinner in Chops that was extra special. The aqua theater show was a treat as usual. I have been on Oasis-class ships many times so I knew what to expect. Oasis has not been re-vamped yet so no big slides. The only downside for this review was our excursion on Roatan to Tabyana Beach Break. It was nasty. The loungers were dirty and broken and would not stay up, the included lunch was mystery meat, and the vendors yelled at us the whole while to buy stuff. Not the peaceful beach excursion we had expected. I think Royal needs to do a better job at vetting it's vendors.

Aside from that we had a great time on board. Oh, and I had a $3,600 jackpot in the casino :)

Clean and lots of storage

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

We just did the port walk around with shops.

previous reviewnext review