• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Grand Princess Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

The Grand still has the best crew in the fleet

Review for Grand Princess to the Mexican Riviera
HaveDogWillTravel
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin: Owner's Suite with Balcony

I will preface this review by saying I am copying from my posts on the Live from that @hbccruiser authored. I’ve modified it bit to “read” better but I don’t have the time to rewrite all. So it will be “choppy”.

I was happy to be on board the Grand again. We sailed at 20% capacity so of course there were no lines and embarkation, disembarkation were a breeze. Even though there were so few on board I still made some lovely connections with fellow cruisers. At shows that I went to I clapped and yelled for 4 people and was told later by the performers they really appreciate the energy.

The crew is simply stellar. Amal in vines is a hoot and extremely knowledgeable. He turned me on to 2 incredible new wines I hadn’t tried before. For the white it was the Domaine de la Pierriere Sancerre and for the red it was Nikiara by Le Vigne. We had to pay $1.18 for the red as it exceeded the $12 limit for our package.

Owner's Suite with Balcony

The owner suites are awesome. A huge comfy couch, dining room area with table, wet bar and two barrel chairs. The jetted tub is very large and deep. The walk-in shower is awesome. The balcony is large with 2 new cushioned loungers , another table and two chairs. The only bad part for our sailing was the cigarette smoke that came up from the new crew smoking area on the promenade deck 4 decks below.

5 Helpful Votes