• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Grand Princess Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

Food was not the usual, rooms and staff nice, pool cold , entertainment awesome.

Review for Grand Princess to the Mexican Riviera
Dougie Fresh
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin: Balcony
Arch Rock Cabo

My wife Liz and I have been wanting to go to Cabo so we just jumped in. Got a balcony room, bought the packages and got to it. First thing is that dining room food is great, but buffet was minimal. Minimal crowd so that was nice. Cruise Director and staff are really something special. Gary and Steff and the lot-wonderful. I'd say being an older ship it was good but not great. But the entertainment is great. We're only. couple days in and the shows have been the highlight.

There's this woman, Steffanie who does Lady Sings Rock. Really enjoyed her. She's a PRO all the way and what a voice. Incredible range.

But the creme de la creme was Darren Dowler. There's a pre show video that shows this guys acheivements. He's sung with 20 top acts, been in movies, stars in movies and the such. We actually watched his movie Rock and Roll the Movie in our room. This guy comes out and you can feel the electricity in the room grow. The women let out a howl at his looks of course. But when this guy sings and then plays guitar like you've never seen, it's definitely the highlight of the cruise. I've seen Clapton, Prince, Van Halen, Les Paul, John Mayer and none of them have anything on this guy's guitar playing. And in my opinion he can out sing them all. Un believable show! If we remember one thing from this cruise it'll be Darren Dowler's show. We went to his website and ordered all of his CD's.

Balcony

Well stocked, clean, kept clean, small leak in bathroom but promptly fixed.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

Loved the shops, loved the food. Although if you walk 6 blocks off the main drag you get better everything for less.

11 Helpful Votes