3. Norwegian Pearl
Embarkation- was the worst experience out of my 27 cruises. Since the cruise was departing at 4 we were advised to get there 2 hours before departure. We arrived around 1 pm and the lines were around the outside terminal. We were hearded like sheep, in the mist of the corona virus. I felt like a refugee in Elis island after ww 2. People coughing in lines with probably 300-500 passengers. Ship - although dated was in decent shape Cabin - was on the 8th deck with a obstructed view handicapped accessible. It was large Very close to o Sheehan but was surprisingly quiet. We never saw the steward , but he did a decent job Dining- food was better than I expected. We did eat at steakhouse, and they sat us at first at table near the entrance of the kitchen with waiters constantly walking by. The restaurant was not full and there were other tables and we asked to move and the did. Our food was delicious. It was only a 3 day cruise so most of our meals were in dining room and service and food was fine. Entertainment-we went to the legends show which was very good. I was surprised that the theater was never that crowded, although the seats were very uncomfortable. Spa- one of the reasons we went on this trip was because of the thallospa. It was a terrific Get away from the crowds and since the weather was cold it was good to be inside. There was an issue with the heated stone beds not working but that was fixed in a few hours. I just don’t know if cruising is in my future in light of covid 19. It was great for a while but the cruise industry put profits instead of lives first. I would have cancelled this trip if I could .

Nervous cruiser in midst of covid 19

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by hsmcruise

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas

Ship - although dated was in decent shape

hsmcruise’s Full Rating Summary