3. Polarlys
I went on this cruise with my brother and his wife. We had always wanted to visit Norway and thought the winter cruise with the possibility of seeing the Northern Lights would be a great idea. We were not disappointed - we did see the lights although personally I was disappointed that they appeared like grey "clouds" and it was only through a good camera lens where the exposure could be left open longer that the colours could be captured. I dont think many people are made aware of that. Apparently you need really dark skies to see the colours, and on board the ship is unlikely to happen. Dont expect entertainment - but the lectures on offer were good as were the excursions. That aside, the food was amazing and plenty of it, we particularly enjoyed the printed menus each day giving us the provenance of the food that was to be served at dinner. Breakfast and lunch were self service, dinner was seated at pre-allocated tables. We were lucky to have the 6.30pm sitting giving us plenty of time to chillout after. The communal areas were good, although there was some seat "hogging" going on. The bakery on the top deck was a comfortable place to spend time reading and knitting. And the panorama lounge (where it was hard to get seats in the day) was pleasant in the evening after dinner.

Great cruise - highly recommended

Polarlys Cruise Review by Madradiant

Madradiant’s Full Rating Summary
Get Hurtigruten Polarlys price drops

My cabin was at the front of the shop and was fairly basic with bunk beds (quite hard) and a tad chilly. But spacious. I was able to use the duvet and pillows from the sparebunk bed.
It was nice to have a forward view of where we were going, the only downside is that often people stood in front of the view - but as i didnt spend long in the cabin, this didnt matter.
I had a kettle in my room, but my brother and wife who had the sister cabin, did not. Suggest you take one.
Loads of wardrobe space and the bathroom was small but had an excellent and hot shower.