I have been on few cruises with RCL, Carnival before, and this is my first time with NCL, the experience with NCL is the lowest I must say.
- Smooth Embarkation
- Great service by most Restaurant staff
- Clean Ship
- Poor quality of buffet at Garden Cafe and low quality food at some restaurants similar to those at University canteens but with more varieties
- Need to pay extra for specialty dining but overall quality was meh, worst part they charge some items in addition to the already paid package meaning you pay twice. With RCL and Carnival its free with much better quality
- Overall Quality of nightly entertainments in the theatre were low, one show we even left without finish watching it, the next night they had the same show so we didn't even bother going
- We were supposed to visit 4 islands, first one due to wind we missed without any alternative island or compensation, well things happened..2nd island Ocho Rios weather was not good so not their fault, Cayman by the time we were able to get on the tender and landed we only got 3 hours to visit the beach and back, last Cozumel we were the second group to get on the tender so thought we would have plenty of time to do things but again it was their fault to let us disembark very late so it left us a bit over 3 hours to do things, can't imagine those disembark much later than us may just get a drink somewhere, go to washroom and have to go back with a long line up.
- Overall Guest Services is poor, and the guy from Chile seems like he is doing you a favour for letting you ask questions and answering you.
I do not know the other cruises with NCL so can't comment on them. Would I recommend Breakaway? I would recommend to stay far away from it.