Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by happilymarried1

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

My hubby and I decided to do the NCL Breakaway for our 10-year anniversary. We have done two other NCL ships in the past, this was the best yet!

Cabin:

We got upgraded into a handicap accessible room for some odd reason and were we’re shocked when we walked in and saw the size of the cabin. It was HUGE! We had a nice balcony and enough space to even have a lounger on the patio next to the two chairs. Very nice NCL! We were cabin 14586 and the location was our favorite. Just a couple flights away from our favorite spots on the ship.

Our room attendant was beyond excellent and greeted us by name every time he saw us in the hallway. We left him an extra tip when we left and felt he was the best we've ever had.

Entertainment:

We saw Rock the Floor but missed SIX. I enjoyed Rock the Floor but wouldn't write home about it. The comedians were our favorite entertainment. The 18+ shows in the theater and at Headliners, were HILARIOUS. I would highly recommend trying one of these shows if you aren't with little ones.

We enjoyed the shows and games in the atrium. We’d watch anytime we walked by and they were having so much fun.

Excursions:

We missed GSC due to weather which was very disappointing. We really wanted a great day at the beach. So instead, we went down to the shore excursion desk and saw what Jamaica had to offer. To our surprise, we found a $39 beach day and booked it right away. With our shore excursion credit, we spend $20 for the two of us to spend a great day lounging on the beach with transportation. I looked high and low through the shore excursions available before we left, this was not on there.

Our favorite excursion was Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman. This will go down in my mind as one of the best things I've ever done. This excursion took us into the middle of the ocean and once in the water we were about chest deep and the sand beneath our feet was so soft. Swimming, kissing, feeding and holding WILD sting rays was unbelievable! We would do this excursion again and again!

Air Included Promo:

We booked air through NCL, we were booked on United on the way out and American on the way home. Our flight out took us through 3 airports (Phoenix(home), Denver and Orlando) We left at 7:30pm on a Friday night and landed in Orlando at 5:30am on Saturday. This was a hell of a trip to get to Orlando lol. We were exhausted and couldn't wait to get to our cabin. Luckily, after waiting for 5 hours at the Orlando airport we were taken to the port and quicker than ever before our cabin was ready at around 1pm. It was a VERY long day. We did have a direct flight home which was nice. The transportation to and from was also a nice tough. With the ride from the airport to port being around 45 minutes, it was nice to be in a charter bus with a bathroom instead of a small cramped 12-seater van. We left around 9:45am going back to the airport even though our flight wasn’t until 4:30pm… but we enjoyed the airport more this time since we didn’t have an overnight flight beforehand.

Food:

We had specialty dining and tried 3 of them on the ship. Teppanyaki, Le Bistro and Moderno. All were beyond good but teppanyaki was the best with Moderno coming in a close second. The specialty dining filled up FAST, my suggestion would be to book first thing when you get on board. I wasn’t sure how the specialty dining would work with our promos but they seem to have it all worked out. You order what you want and then they ask if you want to use your credit and that’s it! It was much easier than I thought it would be. We tried all 11 meats at Moderno but we LOVED the filet. The salad bar was impressive and delicious and even had my smoked salmon

happilymarried1's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Falmouth

Lovely relaxing and fun day laying on the beach drinking red stripes!

Stingray Swim

The best excursion we've ever been on. Swimming, feeding and holding wild sting rays goes down in my history books.

View All 795 Stingray Swim Reviews