Norwegian Joy Cruise Review

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by calaforte

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

My BF and I just got back from our first Norwegian Cruise which was also the last that sailed before Corona Virus stopped cruise lines from continuing their cruises. I just have to say that Norwegian stepped up to the plate to make sure all the passengers on board were always safe from infection. There were extra precautions put in place with sanitation throughout the Joy and instructions for everyone to “washy washy” their hands as frequently as possible. There were hand sanitizer stations everywhere. Crew members were on the ready to spritz hands with sanitizer after washing as well. You couldn’t touch a railing or a wall where there wasn’t a crew member sanitizing it right behind you. Yes, some of the steps they took to keep passengers safe seemed like an inconvenience to some but we appreciated all the efforts. We enjoyed our vacation with Norwegian so much! Throughout all this chaos going on they never failed to make sure service was still on point. The food was absolutely delish all over the ship as well. The District Tap and Brew house quickly became our favorite little spot to go hang out, play some cards or listen to Zoe Jackson perform at her piano. Such fun. We will DEFINITELY be cruising with Norwegian in the future when all this stuff blows over. Hopefully that is soon. I already mis it.

calaforte's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Clean clean clean. All the time. Especially for this cruise. Our stateroom attendant was so polite and very thorough.

Cabo San Lucas

Cabo was not my favorite. Just a lot of partying and spring breakers. Oh and people yelling at you for a water taxi everywhere. The best part was finding Luis on the street making his amazing spray paint art. And at a very fair price also. The restaurants were all packed and it was just too busy for my personal tastes.

Mazatlan

Mazatlan was seen from the ship. We needed a cabin balcony day. Still enjoyed our view though.

Ziplining

Puerto Vallarta is so beautiful and our Ziplining excursion was out of this world!!! This was a visually my favorite port of call and would definitely visit Puerto on its own again. Everyone there is very kind and less pushy about selling you things.

View All 24 Ziplining Reviews