Emerald Princess Cruise Review

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by rmdoughe

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We selected this cruise in order to escape some winter in Michigan. The sixteen sea days appealed to us. The schedule was changed in route and we were unable to visit American Samoa which meant we spent more time in Hawaii, Bora Bora and Papeete. Still a restful experience.

The response time of the Internet was reasonable but the system was unstable at times causing people to lose their minutes. For some reason the Internet policy was to deny restoring minutes if minutes were lost more than once. Yes, I lost my minutes twice due to a system problem. This provoked a confrontation with the Internet Manager who wouldn’t restore my minutes even though the problem was caused by the system's instability. This provoked a confrontation between Guest Services and the Internet Manager. I was told that my problem would be directed to higher authority for review. The next day I was informed that I would be granted unlimited minutes for the remainder of the cruise.

I confess that as the dispute developed and I was getting the round around I became angrier and angrier. Clearly this problem could have been handled very easily if common sense had been applied.

The Internet Manager might ha e been technically qualified, but he was woefully prepared for dealing with customer service interactions. Based on what I learned subsequently, neither he or Guest Service Staff had the authority to solve what should have been an easy problem to resolve.

The quality of the food in the dining room on the hole was fairly good. Some entrees excellent, other entree’s not particularly up expectations. The menu would benefit some new dishes.

With the exception of the problem previously cited, service staff did a very nice job.

Entertainment on the ship was very good to excellent.

rmdoughe's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

I was sick for several days. There is no longer a comfortable chair in the cabin. I was uncomfortable watching TV or reading in bed. The balcony chair is no substitute for a comfortable chair in the cabin. Because of this I have to rate cabin comfort low. Our cabin attendant however was outstanding!

Faarumai Waterfalls