Noordam Cruise Review

Noordam Cruise Review by draftxhorselover

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

14 days on the newly renovated Noordam and felt thoroughly pampered every day. From the outstanding service of the room attendants to the doting Main Dining room staff ( we had a fixed 8pm seating and loved it!) this was a fabulous cruise. Turned out to be the retirement cruise of our HAL Captain John Scott so there we’re lots of unique touches and events to commemorate the event.

The casino staff was fun and they recognized us right away and that added to the personal touch as well.

The Lincoln center performances were packed every time. They are great and need a bigger venue. Why are they stuck where they are and the BBK stage is used by stupid activities during the day performances??? I think the BBK band doesn’t get rocking until the evening so it doesn’t make sense to me to squeeze the classical performances into such a small venue. I wasn’t too impressed by the Billboard performers on this cruise. I thought they did a better job on my Westerdam. The cruise director was everywhere and very sociable.

Reminder this is a great cruise line for foodies, destination focused luxury oriented cruisers. This is NOT the cruise for families, budget focused, hard drinking rowdy dance rockers. They shut most stuff down by midnight! Lots of quiet reading books, puzzle players, bridge, mah jong players etc. the BB court was used mostly by staff I think.

I love the Crows Nest Bar and classy Pinnacle Bar and really hope HAL does not change it at all. It is a fabulous fun place for port arrivals and sail outs. The last HAL cruise we were on had already done a conversion to a stupid computer focused Navigator lounge which was cold and useless.

The one price cruise laundry can’t be beat and I strongly recommend it. I enjoyed the sauna package which was the therapy pool, saunas (wet and dry) and those wonderful heated tile beds!

I would only recommend that HAL remind guests to anticipate and calculate that huge tip expenses which is added automatically to their ship account. It’s a shocker but we’ll earned.

draftxhorselover's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Aft view balcony cabin is the best! Some age showing in the tub area but it’s minor and who notices it?

Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary

Great fun! Do the night tour!

View All 31 Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Reviews
Dunedin

We saw Yellow Eyed penguins, Blue footed penguins, sea lions, seals... all close and all in the native environment. Not for the mobility challenged

Auckland

Great way to see a few things your last day in Auckland . Perfect for kids.

draftxhorselover