I paid over $14,000 for a solo stateroom for a 31 days luxury cruise. OCI's confirmation brochure informed that an automatic 18% gratuities would be added to my account. I called the cruise planner stating that gratuity paying is my prerogative, not OCI's. He stated that I must inform the Purser on board. I did so after embarkation. Even then "automatic gratuity" charge appeared on every charge statement. The overall cruise experience was anything but luxurious. Yes, the food quality and service was very good but not luxury class. The land excursions were average in quality except in Bali. That was the opinion of the most other experienced passengers. Majority of the senior cruise personnel was 'white.' They displayed a colonial and arrogant attitude, including the captan. His brief announcement in broken English dealt with position of the ship but nothing more engaging. The wifi was spotty, even when the ship was at ports. My stateroom service was good for which I paid gratuities directly to both the service people three times during the voyage. On top of all the above, OCI charged my American Express account for the amount of $625.87 on 1/6/20 for "automatic gratuities." I had requested on three occasions that the cruise company NOT charge my account. And they had agreed that I would not be so charged. The Purser even sent me the notation confirming my request. But the Company's accounting folks did in fact charge my Amex card. And then they lied about it. After disembarkation, I complained to their Guest Relations for two reasons via two emails, as they advised me. After returning to Las Vegas, I tried to reach someone senior and responsible. But OCI has constructed 'fire-walls' to obstruct/deny cruise guests' access/complaints to senior company folks. When I called OCI they advised that I must write to the guest relations about my post-cruise concerns. I sent them two emails regarding my complaints. One reason was they posted someone else's statement on my door on the night before disembarkation. The other reason being that there was no one available to answer or deal with my questions about the wrong statement on the disembarkation date - 1/6/20. I along with the other guests had to disembark by 8:30 am. The Company administrator for handling post-cruise concerns and questions finally replied to my emails after one month. In it he tried to sweet talk me into believing that it was minor "human error." Eventually, they did revise, corrected my accounting statement. It as well as my credit card statement now show a refund/credit to my account of $216.30. My cumulative experiences on this luxury cruise left a real bad taste. Especially after paying so much money. Also because of their accounting practices and lies. Therefore, i have complained to the government's consumer finance department. I am posting this review on Cruise Critic as a warning to future passengers who may want to cruise with OCI.

Average for a so-called luxury cruise liner.

Regatta Cruise Review by jagoceaniaregatta

The wifi was spotty, even when the ship was at ports.

jagoceaniaregatta’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A2
Good service. However, three of clothing items were stolen from my stateroom on the last evening on board.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins