3. MSC Lirica
There was a suggestion to buy this [articular cruise and I liked the list of cities to visit, so I bought it. In overall, I enjoyed the cruise! There was a pleasant surprise - I got a cabin with a window! Cabin was always clean; it was tidied up twice a day. I read some complains about embarkation and disembarkation. My experience was different. Logistics was very good. We embarked with no problem (and disembarked), were provided with kind recommendations and attendance. Suitcases were taken directly to the cabin. Cabin was prepared earlier than expected. Yes, it is not big, but enough to have a rest and sleep at night. Even pillows were of different types (soft and "hard") to satisfy different habits. Every day there was a detailed program in English and Russian (may be in other languages too, do not now). All anouncement were in different languages as a sign of respect to passeners from different countries... Every day shows were good and very good (according to taste?). A lot of dancers, some singers and acrobats. Costumes are very bright and attractive. There were two shows a day, which was very convenient as there were two seating (dinner) at 6.30 and I guess at 9 PM. Selection of food was excellent, contained various cheese, sausages, eggs cooked in different ways, bacon, fruits, etc. Coffee and tea – as much as you wish for breakfast. I like fish and seafood and I got it: in the morning and in the evening!! Service (we mainly eat in La Bussola) was very good and pleasant; the atmosphere in La Bussola restaurant was intimate and sophisticated, the service attentive and discreet. Logistics was also excellent. The second place we had snack is on deck 11. There is an open veranda (do not remember the name- sorry for that). More democratic and people felt very relaxed over there. Those, who like desserts – it was just fantastic on the ship! You can have meal and/or snack almost the whole day…. Alcohol, beverages, cocktails. It is very expensive on board. The packages provided were unacceptable for us. “All inclusive” is 29 euro per day and you have to buy it for 11 days, full stop. Other options (beverages) were not exciting either. As for water, coffee and tea you had to pay for it during lunch and dinner. Another option – to go to deck 11 after meal. Public areas were immaculate clean. Pleasant atmosphere. Dimmed light, music…. I enjoyed it. Countries we visited: UAE, Oman, and Qatar. Excursions are quite expensive. Round 70 euro/ person – a city tour. We have taken it only in Abu Dhabi. Not really exciting. However, in Emirates and Qatar there was a choice – to go sightseeing by yourself by taxi, which is also expensive. In Qatar there were free shuttle busses to take passengers from the port to the city. Excellent idea! I Oman I felt very frustrated as we were charged 5 euro per person to get to the centre of the city, round 7-8 min drive. The bus did not even stop at the castle, which is the only one attraction in the capital (apart from the sea)! I considered it to be waist of 10 euro and time. Must be said about security. Well done. Every time you leave and return to the ship you have to go through security and that is makes you feel safe. Security officers were always polite and helpful if you had a question. Entry and exits are marked with red tape, no way to lose yourself….Moreover, every time you leave the ship a special card is given to you with tel numbers. I believe it is a good approach.

Overview

MSC Lirica Cruise Review by natalyakor99

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Bella Inside Stateroom

You can have meal and/or snack almost the whole day….

natalyakor99’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Lirica price drops

Bella Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1
There was a pleasant surprise - I got a cabin with a window! Cabin was always clean; it was tidied up twice a day. You had a wardrobe, a double bed , a TV , a chair, two bedside tables... All you need.
Towels are changed every day.!!! Beach towels are also provided, you can change them whenever you need. Room service worked well.
Albinoni Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins