3. MSC Lirica
Like many other reviewers, we choose this cruise based on the itinerary. We were able to get a very good price on the cruise, which is good, because paying full price would not be worth it. The Good- Our state room (a balcony on the 12th floor) was extremely spacious. Most of the cruise staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The embarkation process was the quickest I've ever experienced, and took maybe 15 minutes. The Okay - The ship itself is just okay. It is a smaller boat, which provides little for onboard activities. The miniature golf course was really, really sad looking. The pools were adequate and the kids enjoyed the kiddie pool. The casino was the smallest I've seen on a cruise ship. If you have a good book, you'll be able to entertain yourself. The layout design of the ship is pretty horrendous though. In most of the public areas, especially the buffet, the design is very poor, which leads to bottlenecks. The excursions were just okay; most of this has more to do with the ports of call than the cruise line. The Blah - The clientele was predominately Italian and Russians, so smoking is everywhere on the top deck and in the pub. Also, there is little knowledge or respect of lines or personal space. The onboard entertainment (shows and musicians) was okay to painfully bad. Jako, an instrumental performer, was great, but unfortunately he only played in the smoking section of the pub. The Awful - The food was just as bad as most people have written. This is the first cruise I've been on that I've lost weight.The best thing on the boat was the french fries. The dinning room food was, at best, reminiscent of my grandmother's nursing home, and, at worst, inedible. The breakfast was the same every day. The pizza bar offered a special "charcoal pizza," which I'm assuming was accidentally burnt to hell and made a special. The worst thing was the seafood. The lobster, which they served in multiple varieties over the duration of the cruise, was inedible. The prawns smelled like they had been in the open for days - I couldn't even bring myself to eat them. There is only one specialty restaurant on the ship, a sushi restaurant. Based on our experience with the other seafood on board, we didn't eat at the restaurant. Overall, it was an okay cruise. We had a great time as a family and saw the ports of call that we wanted to.

Good Itinerary, Great Staff, Blah Food

MSC Lirica Cruise Review by ColoradoSkiier5

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

The Awful - The food was just as bad as most people have written.

ColoradoSkiier5’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Lirica price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2
Overall, the stateroom was extremely spacious and the room steward was amazing. Our room was on the 12th floor, which provided us ample opportunity to hear the music blaring from the pool deck at night. (Bring ear phones).
Bellini Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins