3. Grand Princess
First time on Princess line. Embarking and Disembarking was very organized. Tight security getting on and off ship for excursions. One excursion only and it was not so good. The Estuary tour by our guide "Polo" who very knowledgeable was for the most part ok until he put us in water taxi for trip back to ship. At that point he decided to show us how he feeds the wild life and had a bucket of fish for the birds. Long story short we were (all of a sudden) surrounded by Pelicans swooping down thinking we all had fish for them. One landing on my arm. Not small birds and the fact our guide caused all this is irresponsible. Can still see this bird looking me straight in the eye. While funny now not then. I had a 12 inch beak right at my face. Our mini-suite was delightful as was our cabin Steward, Caesar who took good care of our cabin. The staff on board was wonderful and friendly. The food was absolutely tasteless. Thought it was just me but my husband agreed. Fruit not ripe and so no taste. Scrambled eggs were watered down. Pastries all had no flavor which was surprising. Only spot that had decent pastry was the International Cafe for coffee and lunch/pastry material. Don't get it. Mashed potatoes tasted like boxed. I could go on and on but what was really irritating was a New York strip steak in one of the restaurants that had gristle in every bite that I had to spit out. This is only the tip of the iceberg so I will stop with the food. This particular cruise we went on had many disabled folks. This is not a complaint but a fact. One had to be focused on not getting in the way of motorized scooters, wheel chairs, walkers and canes. These folks were doing the best they could. Elevators are a nightmare to get on. It got so bad that we would get on one going to the 14th floor so we could go back down to the 7th floor. At any given time there was always an elevator out of service on different floors. Just started using the stairs. Several times Captain would give announcements over the loudspeakers and could not understand any of them due to language accents. Now if there was an emergency this would not be satisfactory. I heard this complaint from many people onboard. All and all the cruise was fine but not having any tasteful food would prevent me from sailing Princess again. A shame because cabin and employees were wonderful.

Grand Princess to Mexico

margiesmemories’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD
Our mini suite was more than we could have hoped for. Roomy and comfortable.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mazatlan
    First of all there was a disclaimer about people with back and neck issues should not go. But nothing about climbing in and out of boats and buckboard with tractor pulling us. We had people with canes that had terrible time manuervering into and out of this mode of transportation.Walking us all across a freshly tarred road on some private property to get to this buckboard pulled by a tractor. My shoes were a mess from the tar sticking to them. Lunch was disgusting with flies getting half of mine. Mine being one leg and two thighs. (All yours flies) On a more serious note Senor Polo water taxied us back to ship. On the way he brought out a bucket of fish and he was going to show us how he fed the local birds. Long story short about a dozen Pelicans swooped down on the boat one landing on my arm with that long beak looking for more food. That was extremely irresponsible and unpleasant. This tour needs more info in the disclaimer and the bird feeding part stopped before someone gets hurt and a lawsuit forthcoming.
    View All 13,931 Mazatlan Cruise Port Reviews