• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Viking Jupiter Review

Editor Rating

Journey to the bottom of the world

Review for Viking Jupiter to South America
lsbpdx
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

What a marvelous way to see a remote part of the world! The small towns (Puerto Montt, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Falkland Islands, and Puerto Madryn) were charming and really gave us a good view of what it's like to live out of the main towns.

I went Horseback riding in the Chilean Rainforest, Hiking in Patagonia, and got to see penguins in the Falklands!

All this while enjoying great food, service, and the enrichment activities on board (I think I went to all the Political Science lectures, and most of the History ones.) Also enjoyed the gym and included spa areas (including a snow room!). This was our first Viking Ocean cruise (after 3 river cruises) - we were a little leery of the size of the ship - but it ended up being excellent - large enough to offer many different options, yet spaces are laid out to provide intimate feeling spaces.

Loved having the balcony for every stateroom. We were in a perfect location midship.

Our cabin ( and I believe all, except penthouses) had the closet next to one side of the bed - this is pretty inconvenient as opposed to having it in the hallway. My husband didn't mind it as he had the other side of the bed!

The bathroom was excellent - really like having drawers for each of you - so all your stuff doesn't have to be out all the time. Very roomy shower.

The bed was super comfortable - as always on Viking.

Port Reviews

Puerto Montt

Eight passengers were driven out of town about 25 minutes. We had a beautiful time riding gentle but lively horses.

Punta Arenas

About 20 of us were driven about a half hour outside the city. We got on a ski lift and met at the top of the mountain. An excellent guid, Bernardo, guided us back down and talked to us about the plants along the way.

Find a Viking Jupiter Cruise from $2,979