Crystal Serenity Cruise Review

What is wrong Crystal?!

Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by Andelle01

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean

Two years ago I had a cruise with the Crystal Symphony, and my husband valued it with a 10 + !! Fantastic...

That is why I chose this year again for Crystal, but this time as a solo-cruiser because my husband passed away.

Everywhere is advertised that solo-passengers are welcome , there is a meet & greet party, there are hosts and solo passengers tables....etc.

Before my trip I even checked that with an email to Crystal. They re-assured me.

Well, nothing whatsoever.

This cruise was not even worth a 6.

A 3 star cruiseline would have done better.

I was very disappointed and complained after a few days at the front desk and spoke to the concierge Mrs Arielle Goldstein.

I have chosen for a 6 star cruise, paid for a 6 star cruise (plus a high extra solo passenger fee) and expected 6 star service.

Was the atmosphere warm and welcome on the Symphony, on the Serenity it was cold and the crew was obviously not interested in the guests.

The Asian crew was friendly, the crew from Eastern Europe was not.

Captain and Officers were very present on the Symphony - mixing with the guests - on this ship they were invisible.

The Captain's party was planned on an impossible hour and when I entered 15 minutes after startingtime, most people had already left...

There was NO meet&greet party for solo passengers.*

In the first Reflections was announced that there would be 3x a solo table in a specialty restaurant. Yes, but at 1800 !!!

Who wants to dine at 1800 in an empty restaurant on a solo table ??

There was no organization, no hosts at the table, nothing.

Anyway, I tried it two times.

First time there was one lady, the second time the same lady and a man.

A very sad situation and I decided rather to dine alone at a table....

Or dinner in my stateroom?

Also roomservice was not an option.

Ordering a simple pot of coffee had to be explained several times and ordering a meal in my cabin was not a success: it took 35 minutes instead the promised 20 minutes and the food was cold . The waiter dropped my glass of wine and it took him 25 minutes to bring me a new glass.

Anyway, you will understand that I will not choose for Crystal again.

I cruised many times with Seabourn, Regent, Oceania and Holland America Line and I am not a complainer but this cruise was far below my expectations .

Two last remarks:

1. the food was OK but with cheap(er) ingredients. Nothing really luxury

2. Cabin attendant very friendly but sloppy and not alert to service as I had expected and knew form the Symphony.

No good night chocolates anymore? Too expensive?

Kind regards,

Ellen W

* After my complaint, yes they organized a 'solo meet & greet party.'

You know when? The evening before disembarkation, (when everybody was packing) Saturday evening at 17.15 ! ??

Andelle01's Full Rating Summary