3. Symphony of the Seas
My family and I choose "Bacular Fort and 7 Colors Lagoon". The description of the activities sounded great. It lasted 6 hours. The ride to the Lagoon was 90 minutes. Fine. However, our tour guide told us nothing of the area or history. We arrived and changed into bathing suits. A boat took us to two spots in the lagoon for those who were interested to take a dip. Again, no explanation by the driver of the boat except when to get back on. Lunch was fair. It was similar to food truck fare. Drinks were to be purchased. We were told that we were leaving area and there would be a short bus ride to the fort. When we got to the fort, the guide told us not to enter because we have only 20 minutes. All we could do was look around the outside and snap a few photos. There was no narrative on the 90 minute ride back and not a word about the history of the fort. The excursion was the most disappointing of the trip. Other aspects of the cruise were great. I literally checked in and got onboard in 8 minutes. The food and dining room service was good. My cabin attendant cleaned to perfection. I exited the ship in a timely manner. The production shows were Hairspray and Flight. Both were well done. The skating show was spectacular as well as the water show. Although the ship is large, it only seemed crowded on the first day. There was adequate opportunity to get in line for the zip line and slides. The gym was not crowded so you were able to use the machines each day. The walking track on deck 5 is invaluable for exercise at sea. It was an excellent cruise except for the one disappointing excursion. I will travel again with RC but be careful to read comments before scheduling excursions.

A poor excursion in Costa Maya

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by gymrat65

It was an excellent cruise except for the one disappointing excursion.

gymrat65’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V
The cabin was adequate with a comfortable bed and sofa. The location was great as I was able to travel down the stairs to the Royal Theater for shows. It was in a quiet hallway.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins