• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Interior

I want a getaway, after the holidays. By booking last minute, I was forced into anytime dining and hated it from the moment I walked on. The first night was the worst and they kept sending me to different dining rooms. The wait was going to be 90 minutes, so I was forced to the buffet. They did get a set table for me, for the next 6 nights. At 5 pm, but it was just in the anytime space. The waiter, Glenn, was awful-thinking we weren’t there the whole trip. It seems service has tanked since pooling tips began. Glenn often lacked the training for correctly taking orders, placing, and removing dishes. We asked for coffe during dinner, instead of dessert, and he said,”NOW?!?” It was passively aggressively brought during dessert. Some night, he asked the women first, for our orders. Other nights he just went around the circle.

Food was good. Breakfast buffet was not good. Lunch buffet was an all out wonderful experience. Dinner buffet was minimal and tepid. The MDR menu needs revamping.

Due to my late booking, I had an inside cabin. It was cozy, but adequate. The only issue was that I couldn’t tell the time of day, so I kept checking my phone.

Interior