3. Royal Princess
I want a getaway, after the holidays. By booking last minute, I was forced into anytime dining and hated it from the moment I walked on. The first night was the worst and they kept sending me to different dining rooms. The wait was going to be 90 minutes, so I was forced to the buffet. They did get a set table for me, for the next 6 nights. At 5 pm, but it was just in the anytime space. The waiter, Glenn, was awful-thinking we weren’t there the whole trip. It seems service has tanked since pooling tips began. Glenn often lacked the training for correctly taking orders, placing, and removing dishes. We asked for coffe during dinner, instead of dessert, and he said,”NOW?!?” It was passively aggressively brought during dessert. Some night, he asked the women first, for our orders. Other nights he just went around the circle. Food was good. Breakfast buffet was not good. Lunch buffet was an all out wonderful experience. Dinner buffet was minimal and tepid. The MDR menu needs revamping. Due to my late booking, I had an inside cabin. It was cozy, but adequate. The only issue was that I couldn’t tell the time of day, so I kept checking my phone. The sanctuary pool was lovely, but windy. Reviews had me thinking you had to pay to be in the area, but I found out, you only pay to rent a cabana. This ship is HUGE. I’d walk just over a mile to get from my cabin, to breakfast, another stop, and back. The cabin steward was hit or miss. Several days, she’d obly restock some towels, not all. The main theater was too plain and lacked the pizazz of other venues. Shore ex staff was friendly and helpful. Despite the size, embarkation and debarkation, were quick.

Lovely post holiday getaway

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Pacificsunflower

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

The main theater was too plain and lacked the pizazz of other venues.

Shore ex staff was friendly and helpful.

Despite the size, embarkation and debarkation, were quick.
Pacificsunflower’s Full Rating Summary