Norwegian Joy Cruise Review

Quality but not Quantity

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by lukekess

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera

The Good: Food was excellent. Footloose was excellent. The Beatles revolution was great but make sure you show up an hour early if you want a seat at the cavern. Magic Show was okay. Elements was great! Go Karts surprisingly a lot of fun. They were faster then I expected. Most of the singers in the restaurants were not that great except for Katie Weddle who was one of the best singers I have ever heard. The ports of call were great except for Cabo San Lucas which kinda sucked because people were really aggressive trying to get my business.

The Bad: I found myself bored often on this ship. between 6pm to 11pm there is stuff to do. Other times it's very hit or miss. The nightlife was terrible the first few days on the ship. If you like to always have something to do I would not recommend this ship. Also the specialty restaurant Q is not that great. The portions are way to big and quite frankly there are much better barbecue places in the world. The fact that Go Karts, Laser Tag and the Arcade cost extra is a bummer. The 7d game in the arcade is awesome though. I really missed not having a sports complex. They didn't have a ping pong tournament. Lots of little extra things like that seemed to be missing which made it boring at times. The dance lessons offered on the ship were not that good. The Gym seemed a little small. The public bathroom doors were left open all the time every day on the ship. It was gross. You could both hear and smell things at time. Not to mention I don't enjoy people being able to see me use a urinal. Also, you better bring your own band aides because they will charge you an arm and a leg if you need one. Ridiculous.

Overall I enjoyed myself but would not do this ship again as I like to have more things to do on a ship. I've done the Norwegian Getaway which I believe is the same class of ship and liked that boat a lot more!

lukekess's Full Rating Summary

Cabo San Lucas

Very touristy. I did not enjoy walking through the town but the scenery was beautiful. I got to see a wild seal up close.

Very enjoyable. Staff was great.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

We saw 13 Whales. Kayaked, Snorkeled and did Paddle Board. On the way home we got a bonus "Show" from the crew members. It was hilarious and such a show. Best excursion I've ever done.

View All undefined undefined Reviews