3. Norwegian Breakaway
I am finding it hard to give this cruise 3 stars, but I am an optimistic person and made the best of what we had. The bad: Norwegian booked our airline and put us on a redeye with a layover in the middle of the night arriving In the morning. We had a five-year-old with us so this wasnt ideal but it is what it is, we did it. We had a quick bus to the cruise terminal. The entire computer system shut down shortly after we got there. For the next 6 hours we were sitting on the floor next to the bathrooms with no food or water in the cruise terminal. After a few hours I asked one of the staff if we could please get some food or water for my son, he said check the vending machines. After waiting 30 minutes in line at the vending machines I found there was nothing left in them besides candy. Even though we were one of the first people in the cruise terminal we were the last to board the ship, I’m not sure why this was. We boarded the ship and had to immediately go to muster with our luggage. On the pool deck only one of the bars was ever open and very crowded. I had to give cash to even get noticed. We were very excited to do the waterslide that went off the side of the ship, it was closed the entire cruise. Disembarkation while not as bad as embarkation still took us over an hour. The good: Our cabin stewards were absolutely amazing. Heyma (spelling?) and Alicia put a smile on our faces everyday and were so sweet to our son! The restaurants were not the best I have ever had on a cruise but the staff was great and the food was decent. Sherman in the main dining room was fantastic, we always tried to be seated where he was. Splash Academy for kids was amazing! My son had so much fun and asked to go back every day. We had an amazing time at Magens Bay in Saint Thomas and Cane Garden bay in Tortola. I’m hoping this was just an off week for Norwegian. We are booked to go on the exact same cruise on the encore in February, hoping this time around will be a little different and I will be able to give five stars. At the end of the day a week on a so-so cruise is still better than a week at work.

Worst embarkation/disembarkation

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Ap1624

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

Disembarkation while not as bad as embarkation still took us over an hour.

Ap1624’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB
Cabin was very nice, rooms stewards were excellent. Shower had excellent pressure and temperature.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins