3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this cruise because of the destinations and timing. When booking with Norwegian, the sales people were very helpful with excursion planning, packages available to use and cabin selection. As soon as the cruise was booked, I started receiving emails to upgrade EVERYTHING! We were set to depart from Miami at 4 PM on 11/23/2019, shortly after 7 PM, we were finally leaving for the seas. I will say the food on the cruise was fantastic, the entertainment was great and that's the end of the good stuff. The 1st day of excursions, we had to tender to the port. We were all told to meet in what I now refer to as the "Escape Room". After a 2 1/2 hour wait in the Escape Room, we were finally leaving the ship. We did make our excursion but only because it was later in the day, many people did not make their excursions. This did not allow us any time for any thing other than the excursion. Again, after the very long wait to leave the ship, we had about 2 hours of standing in line at the port to get back on the ship. Norwegian finally gave my husband a 20% discount on his excursion because he didn't lunch or some other things included in the package, but the rest of us paid full price for the excursion which apparently included 5 hours of waiting on Norwegian. The 2nd excursion day was better! 3rd Day of excursion was in Costa Maya with 4 other cruise ships in this very small port. We got off the ship, fought through some of the crowds and then headed back to the ship in frustration. 4th Day of excursion, TENDERING FRUSTRATION AGAIN!!! Our time to meeting for the excursion was 6:45 AM, we with lots and lots of other groups were waiting at 6:45, again almost 2 hours later we finally got off the ship. I had booked this excursion after seeing the description of an all-inclusive, approximately 8 hour natural water park excursion. It turned out to be 45 minutes of travel on a small boat where the green plastic bags were passed out for all the vomiting on the boat. After that excursion, we had about another hour long bus ride to the Xel Ha Park. We arrived here at 11:00 AM and were told we had to be back on the bus at 2:30 PM. Our approximate 8 hour excursion turned into a short 3 1/2 hours. We were again given 20% off this excursion after my husband spent easily 2 hours in line with guest relations. Lastly, it was a very large ship and had a splash area (pool) for kids and ONE (YES, JUST ONE) pool on this cruise ship. It had an occupancy sign for a maximum of 39 people. We talked to several people along the way, some experienced cruisers, and the feeling in general frustration and dissatisfaction with Norwegian and this cruise. It will probably be quite a while before I consider another cruise and most likely it will not be on Norwegian!!

Disorganization! 1st Time Cruiser

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by PamQ

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

The 2nd excursion day was better!

PamQ’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD
Adequate, nothing fancy but good enough
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins