3. Celebrity Summit
Friends of ours kept telling us how the Celebrity Summit was their favorite ship. We hadn't been on Celebrity for over 10 years. Seeing that it was recently refurbed, we decided to give it a look-see. We were not disappointed. We booked a Concierge suite. Having been on Princess' mini-suites, it was a little smaller, but well laid out. Balcony appeared to be bigger. Embarkation in San Juan was the fastest of any of our 29 cruises. Food and service was impeccable. Asif, our waiter, and Seon, our cabin steward were magnificent. My wife is gluten free (Celiac Disease) and the chef, waiter, and assistant waiter went over backwards to take care of her needs. Shows were very good and entertaining. My wife and I won trivia multiple times, with the typical prizes (lanyards, cards, medals, etc.). We usually stay away from the casinos (SMOKE) but this was a totally smoke free casino, where I won a little money. We had been to all of the islands before (just wanted to get out of the cold in PA) so we cannot comment on the excursions. The refurb looks very good on a ship approaching 20 years since first launch. All in all, we will be looking at Celebrity in the future.

Return to Celebrity

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by rjohnson90

rjohnson90’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2
Concierge class 2 cabin fit our needs. Balcony was big enough for us. Afternoon treats were nice. Perks of Embarkation lunch, and a visit to the Heli-pad were very much appreciated. Shower was slow to drain, and the rest of the bathroom, while modern, was small. Bed was comfortable, but not the most comfortable we've been on.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins