3. Celebrity Summit
We chose this cruise because four of the five islands were new to us and I really wanted to try out a "revolutionized" Celebrity ship. We booked an AirBnb in the rainforest and rented a car from Charlie car rental. They are off airport, but have a shuttle, and even provided a shuttle to the pier after we dropped the car off. I'd highly recommend them because we got a new car and great service for dirt cheap. Embarkation was so fast we almost didn't stop walking once we dropped off our checked luggage. We went straight to our room, grabbed our keys and dropped off our luggage and then rushed to the MDR for our Concierge lunch. Easy-peasy. First, the ship: it's beautiful. I think the decor is elegant and soothing. I will admit, I noticed some of the places that used to be more "open" that are now occupied by cabins, especially on our deck, by the elevators. It just didn't have that airy feel the Equinox did last year. But that's a minor complaint. Our C2 was spacious with a ton of storage and plenty of outlets. I still think the sofa/over-large chair needs to be a real sofa since there's room for it, but I didn't miss the footstools (but, to be fair, we were rarely in our room or on the balcony). The service was impeccable and we enjoyed the food in the MDR. We did try Tuscan Grille and had a great meal and service, probably because we were dining early and were only one of two tables. We also tried Sushi on Five and it was great. I don't normally like buffets, but the Oceanview once again had great selections and good food. I will say that you had to do quite a bit of wandering to find everything, so they could maybe duplicate some things a bit more, but it was fine once I figured out where most things were. Because it was all about the ports of call, we didn't do much on the ship. We listened to music, watched a comedian, did a couple of rounds of trivia, but mostly we were off the ship. But there were plenty of activities available and plenty of places for quiet time. We didn't do any Celebrity shore excursions, instead booking them on our own. We had amazing experiences! Tortola, BVI: we did a powered catamaran with Kuralu. We got to snorkel in two locations for a couple of hours and then spend almost three hours on Jost Van Dyke. It was my first time snorkeling in open waters, but it was great! My husband especially loved it! It was a well kept boat and a great trip all around. Philipsburg, St. Maarten: We booked through Bernard's again. This time it was a trip to Orient and Maho. Orient had built up so much since we were here in June 2018! It was windy and the waves were a bit high, but I enjoyed relaxing on a shady recliner while hubby tackled the waves. We then went to Sunset Bar and ate while watching all the planes land. Great coconut shrimp! Bernard's has a great variety of tours and we'll use them again. Roseau, Dominica: We did Pepper's Choice tour with HOT Pepper Tours. There were 12 of us, all from our roll call and we had a blast! Saw waterfalls, black sand beaches, sulfur hot springs, all the sites! Pepper himself is entertaining and kept the rum punch flowing! I highly recommend this tour! Bridgetown, Barbados: We did Silver Moon sailing catamaran for snorkeling and sailing. The catamaran was gorgeous! There was a crew of three for 12 passengers and they provided exceptional service: food, drinks, and guiding us in snorkeling. The water was a bit rough from the waves, but it was a glorious day and we'll definitely be back! Last port was St. George's, Grenada: We booked with JnJTours by Stan, but since he was overbooked, we got Glenroy of Gifted Taxi & Tours (he and Stan work together). So it was just four of us in the van and this was one of the most interesting and informative tours I've ever been on. He'd stop and pick a leave and point out bay leaf, or break a small branch for us to smell: cinnamon. He showed us all the plants and the waterfall and the lake, but he also took us through the plantation where we got to see what nutmeg looks like from tree to spice. And it was interesting, but nothing was quite as mind boggling as cocoa! You have to see it and experience it to be believed. Glenroy is an amazing storyteller and he's had quite the life. Definitely a tour to not be missed! We had one sea day which was mostly relaxing and packing up. The pool was hopping and we spent some time by it. And then the next morning we opted to carry our bags off ourselves and that was very quick. The longest part was the line through immigration. Then we had a mix-up with Uber (it could have been the app or user error), but we were off and to the airport long before Celebrity would have gotten us there. In summary, it was a great cruise. A fabulous way to see so many islands, but I wish we'd had a day or two in between for some down time and to get to enjoy the ship. It was exactly what my husband had asked for, so I'm glad we did it (especially because now he gets why I like sea days).

Port intensive with great weather!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by 2Long2NxtCrz

2Long2NxtCrz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2
Fabulous location! A nice over-sized room with lots of storage and plenty of outlets. I like the bathroom layout a lot and we did actually enjoy the afternoon "savories". They were always right there when we returned after a busy day in port and were a great little treat while getting ready for dinner. The room was quiet with no noise from the crew closet across the hall. I will say there was light under the door all night long and there is no cover for the peep hole, so consider you light requirements.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Catamaran Tour
    We booked Silver Moon and were on a 45 foot sailing catamaran with three crew and only 12 passengers. We snorkeled with sea turtles and over a sunken barge and reef. The water was a bit murky because of the waves, but the boat was gorgeous and the crew was amazing. They provided great service, food, and drink and it was a day to remember! We'll definitely go back!
    View All 99 Catamaran Tour Reviews
  • Island tour
    We did the Pepper's Choice Tour. There were 12 of us in the van and that was perfect! We visited waterfalls, sulphur springs, black sand beach, and got to see so much of the island. Pepper is a great guide! So informative and fun! And he kept us stocked in rum punch and beer! Had a great day!
    View All 64 Island tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We booked with Stan, aka JnjTours, but ended up touring with Glenroy of Gifted Taxis & Tours because Stan was overbooked. That worked out just fine because we had a great tour of the island! Glenroy is knowledgeable and interesting and we had a great day learning all about the fruits and spices and history of Grenada!
    View All 56 Island Tour Reviews
  • San Juan
    We arrived late Wednesday, rented a car and then went to our AirBnB in the rain forest. We toured El Yunque, ate dinner at La Parrilla (highly recommend), and drove to Ponce and then all along the coast back to our home. We love PR and thoroughly loved our AirBnb.
    View All 3,845 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    We toured with Bernard's in June 2018 so went with them again. This time to Orient and Maho beach. We relaxed on the surprisingly built-up Orient beach in recliners and under an umbrella from bikini beach. Great service.

Then we toured to Maho Beach. We found a table at Sunset Bar right over the water (rocks, not sand) and had a great sight line for all the arriving flights. We ate and had great coconut ship and thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.
  • Jost Van Dyke
    It was a powered catamaran for snorkeling and then beach time on Jost Van Dyke. Great snorkeling, great boat, gorgeous beach and water at Jost Van Dyke. A wonderful day!
    View All 93 Jost Van Dyke Reviews