3. Celebrity Equinox
I chose this cruise as it was apart of a continuing education seminar and a vacation. The embarkation was quick for us and for our traveling partners, as we did get the app and checked in through the app as soon as it was available. We did show up exactly when they told us too at 11:30 am. It was NOT a hassle getting into an elevator when first boarding ship as most people talk about. We went straight to our cabin 9140 to collect our sea pass cards which they put outside of your cabin. We were able to drop off our luggage. I was happy about being able to access the cabin before it was ready at 1pm, who wants to carry stuff around for hours. We were pleasantly surprised how nice it was for an interior cabin, and I was not upset that we didn't splurge on a balcony cabin. It was small, but very comfortable! We never heard anyone walking around outside of our cabin. We were behind the elevators, and only heard them now and again, but so quiet you have to really listen to hear it. Not disturbing at all. The bed was more comfortable than our mattress at home. Yes we must have a poor mattress. LOL I was told if you wanted a topper you could ask for it, but we didn't need to. The bathroom was spacious enough for all our things, and yes I did bring an over the door shoe holder and glad that I did, because I over packed with the "may need items" that included medications and such. All of that would not have been able to be put away in the bathroom. There are over the bed cabinets, shelves in the closet, smaller shelves on each side of the bed, so lots of space to put everything away. We did over pack clothing as I hate wearing things twice, and love wearing dresses, so when I called and requested extra hangers they brought them. It was only five, so thank you Celebrity for giving me extra hangers. That was nice that I could hang up all my clothes that needed hangers. : ) Our steward kept the room nice and clean each day and even made sure we had a nice cold pitcher of water available at all times, just as I requested. The cruise director made the muster drill entertaining and it didn't take very long. He was a very exciting type of person with lots of energy and was also apart of the entertainment. He and the captain had a little skit going throughout the cruise that was quite funny. There were many opportunities to meet and greet the ships crew, and that was nice. We even got a couple of pictures with the captain. I liked that very much. Makes for good memories. We did have first night dining at Murano, which was an amazing experience. Table side preparation was great. But.... it was slightly difficult to understand our table chef due to her thick accent. She was wonderful and polite, but when you can't understand what they are saying you miss out on all the interesting explanation about the food. We also ate at Tuscon Grille on last night. This also was a wonderful place and I think I liked it better than Murano! We chose this for a quiet/ romantic dinner. Warning! The portions are huge! So when it says half sizes available... do order half if you are choosing several dishes to try. My Filet mignon was out of this world and also a huge portion (was glad about that and ate it all). When we first boarded the ship we did go straight to the main dining to see where we were sitting. We asked for a window seat and they accommodated us. We were early dining and did catch about 1/2 hour of sunset each evening. Very nice! The food was very good and I was never disappointed. Our wait staff were so pleasant! We were slightly crazy individuals, played music from our cell phones and they actually danced to our table. Wonderful! I also made it to the main dining to eat lunch at least three times on the cruise and I recommend eating in the main dinning as much as you can. We ate only one night at the buffet. I found the food to be ok and what you would expect at a buffet. It was clean and food was fresh. I did eat there for breakfast as I like an assortment of items. We ate one morning at the Spa Cafe, but only once, very healthy and small portions, did not eat there again, but hardly anyone there so if your looking for quick bite to eat before getting to shore do go there. The late night offering for us night owls was lacking at the buffet. They close most of it down early. We ended up ordering late night food in our cabin about every night. Yes there is a 4.50 charge for this each time, but I'm on vacation so I splurged! The menu offering is small, but nice portion size and very good! The service was also fast! I do have to say that overall nothing was overly spiced or seasoned. We wondered if this was to accommodate on an even palate. I imagine its hard to serve so many different tastes. Ok--- alcohol time.....we did have classic drink package perk, then upgraded to premium. It was worth it for that little upgrade of over 80 dollars each! We were able to try everything our hearts desired from dinner drinks/wines to exotic looking cocktails and martini drinks galore, all in that price. That in itself was a great experience as I usually don't venture out of my normal cocktails. Now in saying this I don't think I would ever pay for a drink package outright as it's to expensive and not worth the money of 500-600 dollars. There was something about the alcohol too, as I usually only have 3 mixed drinks and I'm done. But somehow I was able to drink a ton, and I was only tipsy. I find this very strange, and I was not the only passenger who mentioned this without bringing it up in conversation. Also, I did not see an overly drunk person on the ship, not once. Thank goodness no drunk people and maybe watered down alcohol is the key?? With all you can drink I expected to see some who drank to much, but not a one! Extra stuff I purchased was the Mixology class, and martini flight. My only complaint is they don't tell you when or where to go to do these things. I missed out on the mixology class, but my husband was able to take my seat...gee I wanted to do that! A letter arrived at the cabin late on the day of the event. I was already in my conference, but if I knew about it in advanced I would have left the conference for the 1/2 hour and had my experience. At least my husband had a blast! : ( I also signed up for the glass blowing class which was cool! But...only knew what to do by calling and asking about it. Now one reached out to me about any of these extras that I purchased. Better communication needs to be implemented concerning time/dates or just general info. When I went to have my martini flight they could not see this on my account. I had to go back to my room to get my receipt and show the bartender (thank goodness I copied all my receipts and brought them with me)!! But who wants to argue over money while in the moment. I also purchased flowers for my me and our friends in another cabin to be there on the embarkation day. It was not there when we arrived! Another bummer! I had to call and ask for them. But... when they arrived they were fresh and wonderful. They lasted the whole cruise! I actually hated to leave them behind. The entire ship was very clean and elegant. I was impressed by the decor. The service was wonderful, and I didn't have to go out of my way to ask for what I needed except for what I already mentioned. We had our favorites on the ship and did keep going back because of how we were treated by them. To help you remember their names take pictures of their name tags with your phone. They need good reviews those who really give good service. The entertainment was good too. I would say sit up close, as its much more intimate experience and makes it more of a show stopper! I was only put out by one person during this cruise and it was a DJ. No one was dancing, very few people in the sky lounge and I requested to have top radio dance hits played, and he said "you want me to play the same set I played down stairs? No, I'm not going to do that." I was floored! I felt like telling that guy off, I mean.... I'm the guest....don't say no to a guest! Me and my new Canadian friend were the "only two" on the dance floor and unhappy about the "club" music he was playing. That person needs some education and training about keeping people happy on a cruise that costs a lot of money! Play what I want gosh dang it! Not what you want! It seems small, but that is all that is needed to ruin your night. I left shortly after that. Thumbs down for that Celebrity! My only other real complaint for this cruise..... Please Celebrity quit the massive up-selling. It was a terrible- annoying turn off. All the brochures about shopping at our cabin and in the news letter too. Just ridiculous. Please change this. This made me NOT think "upscale". There just has to be another way of letting cruise guests know about the shopping and up-sells other than the way you do it now. So... overall we truly enjoyed our first experience on a cruise and happy that it was Celebrity. We will be back, but we are going to try out other cruise lines.

Will Cruise Celebrity Again

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by ginsil22

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

ginsil22’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Inside Stateroom
We were in an interior cabin 9140 and surprised how nice it was. It was small, but very comfortable! We never heard anyone walking around outside when in our cabin, and we were behind the elevators, and only heard them now and again, but so quiet you have to really listen to hear it. The bed was more comfortable than our mattress at home. Yes we must have a poor mattress. LOL I was told if you wanted a topper you could ask for it, but we didn't need to. The bathroom was spacious enough for all our things, and yes I did bring an over the door shoe holder and glad that I did, because I over packed with the "may need items" that included medications and such. All of that would not have been able to be put away in the bathroom. Our shower was little small, and glad there was not a curtain as that would be a mess of water on the floor. There are over the bed cabinets, shelves in the closet, smaller shelves on each side of the bed, so lots of space to put everything away. Bedding was clean, no stains like you may find in a hotel. Our temperature controls were nice, and no need for a card in slot to have lights on.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    Wonderful! Pick up up out front of port, take you to the private beach area, food was awesome and authentic! All you can drink, private chairs, and lounge bed all right right in front of beach! Waited on hand and foot! Will go again!
  • Private Resort Day Pass
    It was a great experience, good food and all you can drink, nice staff. I felt like waiter could have come around more often to provide better drink service thus not an excellent rating. Did do the package with cabana that came with massage which was very nice! Beach was clean. Did not do any of the water sports that were available. Would do again.
    View All 191 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
  • Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    Right by the waterway, all you can drink mimosa and food, service was great! Would go back again!
    View All 13,589 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    It was a nice catamaran ride with an all woman crew including female captain. The gear was bit worn, no real instruction on where to see the best of the reef and when I asked the captain pointed out past the bow and said "out that way" I was new to snorkeling, didn't know just how far I could go out and didn't wander to far. Crew was friendly, drinks were served when you were done. Nothing spectacular.
    View All 50 Snorkeling Reviews