3. Celebrity Equinox
We are a late 40s couple, this was our 3rd cruise - second time on a Celebrity ship, and have after this cruise we have decided to become #CelebritySnobs We like the upscale feel Celebrity offers without having the upscale stuck up attitude, they keep things light. Embarkation was very easy, we showed up early(9.45am) and got on at 10.50am We had balcony room 8343 Cat.1A which had a slightly larger balcony, room was very clean plenty of storage space & hangers, 2 bathrobes, decent water pressure in shower, comfortable bed, and room was very quiet - we would definitely take this room again. We had premium plus package(access to mini-bar, 4 bottles of wine, $100USD casino credit cost us $164CDN) and would also take this again. We pre-purchased 3 specialty restaurant dining with our onboard credit ($300CDN), not sure we would do that again. Disembarkation went well, we kept our luggage in our room, went for buffet breakfast @ 6.15am and then lined-up on deck 5 at 6.45am and left ship at 7.10am, we were at FLL airport by 7.50am FOOD - Overall food quality and presentation is 4/5. We had breakfast & lunch daily at OceanView buffet, plenty of choices. Best breakfast items; fresh eggs/omelettes/waffles Best lunch picks; Porchetta(the real deal!), roast, guacamole(daily), good pizza. Only did the Master Grill (hamburgers/hot-dogs,etc.) once because buffet always had so many good choices..and hamburgers are very good. MainDining Room - Lots to chose from every evening, and of good quality. The odd night that I did not like a specific dish I informed my waiter and ordered another dish. Again, the food was not bad, this was me not liking it(personal taste) and being picky. Same thing with desserts, some are better then others so just ask for another one until you find one you like! Specialty Restaurants; Tuscan Grill, this might sound weird but it's not "Italian enough". Most food was missing taste, and it was just OK, not better then food in MDR - so would not return. Le Petit Chef, unique 'must do once' experience and the food is good! Murano....excellent. True specialty restaurant on all fronts, presentation/food quality/service. I would eat here every night if I could afford it :) DRINKS/COFFEE; inconsistent Mixed drinks are hit/miss depending on the bar & person behind the bar. Again, why complain? If you have the drink package just order another drink or move to another bar! They have a wide variety of beers(including Peroni) & decent selection of Vodka & Scotch Cafe AlBacio has good coffee, if you are espresso lover make sure you ask for it 'ristretto' as 'short espresso' equals that crap yo get at Starbucks. SERVICE; Very Good. Room steward & wait staff always doing their very best to accommodate with a smile. Cruise Director & staff, awesome and kept everyone laughing and relaxed. Captain Tasos, love this guy! He is too funny(dry humor) If you have any question please email me JValente_ca@Yahoo.ca

Elegant Ship, hard working crew.

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by MTLMAN1

Specialty Restaurants;

Le Petit Chef, unique 'must do once' experience and the food is good!

DRINKS/COFFEE; inconsistent

SERVICE; Very Good.

Captain Tasos, love this guy! He is too funny(dry humor)

If you have any question please email me JValente_ca@Yahoo.ca
MTLMAN1’s Full Rating Summary