Eurodam Cruise Review
1,131 Reviews

Too many problems and limitations along with poor quality food / poor activities

Eurodam Cruise Review by Mobster

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Veranda Suite

This is our 4th cruise this year. First cruise with HAL. We were in a Neptune suite.

I will start with the things that were nice - friendly people, efficient embarkation and disembarkation, the food in the Pinnacle (cost extra) restaurant was good.

MY opinions:

Food and dining: Overall choices timing and availability of food was poor. Whenever I went to the Lido Market they were closing. The food was not good there when we were able to there on time. The Dive In food was good but the timing of when it was open was horrible. Closed when we wanted a hot dog or burger. Dining room food was poor. Steak tasted like horse meat.

Service: Overall service was poor. Everyone was friendly but we only saw our room steward four times. Putting out the "service please" card was useless. We cleaned our own room several times and just called to have dishes removed. Laundry lost a pair of my pants but found them eventually. Coffee maker did not work and after the 2nd day, it was replaced. Bad service. When we ordered room service it was often wrong.

Activities: Not much to do IMHO. My wife went to the "Oprah" activities but no one was there. The big problem beyond lack of much to do was the gospel group who "kind of " chartered the boat took over venues and were rude. HAL should actually charter the boat one hundred percent if you have a charter. It was a mess.

Amenities: The Neptune lounge is not good. Again, when I was showing up ...they were emptying the desert side not to be refilled.(like my experience at the lido Market). The hours of the Neptune lounge did not work very well. I am comparing it to our last NCL voyage of a few months ago and their Haven lounge. For a comparable cost...the Haven suite beat the Neptune in all areas.

Ports and Shore excursions: We visited ports on our own. We did get a taxi in Cabo and had the driver take us shopping and site seeing. I recommend that way of getting around in port.

Cabin: The Neptune Suite was just ok. Small compared to other comparable suites I have been in on other lines.

I would not recommend Holland America to anyone.

Mobster's Full Rating Summary

Neptune Deluxe Veranda Suite

Dollar for dollar I am comparing this cabin to the three times we had a Haven suite on NCL. The Neptune suite was a very poor value for the cost. We did like the wrap-around deck outside this cabin but be aware that those Neptune suites that have the wrap-around decks are smaller.

Cabo San Lucas

Paid to have a taxi take us around for a while...shopping....etc.

Mobster