3. Norwegian Getaway
We chose this cruise because we were excited to go to Europe and see London, Paris, Stonehenge, Ireland, etc. Embarkation and Disembarkation were very smooth as had been our previous cruise with Norwegian. We had sailed on the Breakaway earlier and chose this ship since it was the sister ship and we knew the layout. We had a family midship oceanview cabin. The room was nice. We always ate at the Garden cafe which was nice, but nothing special. The Breakaway was decorated every night with something special which this cruise was not. We saw several shows on the ship and all were great especially the Cirque Steams. Our room steward was horrible! We could not get Kleenex or bathroom tissue. We called several times and he would laugh and say he forgot. We couldn't get clean towels and our trash wasn't emptied. We went to guest services and I spoke with two officers on the ship. They were supposed to get things taken care of. Didn't happen. We still didn't have our soap replaced in the room, clean towels, etc. I went back to guest services and spoke with a different officer. He came to the room saw what was happening and finally replaced our room steward on day 15 of a 19 day cruise! They gave us a bottle of wine and four chocolates to try to smooth things over. It didn't work. We don't drink wine and I didn't want the candy! We did enjoy the ports, but we were not able to stop at Ponta De Gada Portugal. We arrived and there was a smaller ship having problems so we were stopped from entering port. As we sailed around to wait to enter port the winds picked up and we were told we couldn't dock. When we got to Miami, we had to go through immigration and we couldn't do anything. Once you were called off the ship, you couldn't get back on until the ship was cleared by authorities. Some passengers were called off around 7 a.m. and we didn't get back on until after 3 p.m.! It was a real mess! That shouldn't have been this way. When we had to meet with immigration to go into Ireland, immigration was on the ship and things were smooth! Overall, we enjoyed the ports, but not the service. I am writing a letter to Norwegian Headquarters with everything that happened. I was told by guest services to do this. And we had an unexpected visitor on board....Hurricane Pablo made a visit! The captain said we would have rough weather and I kept watching the TV screen. It would tell the wind speed and what it had to get to to become a hurricane. Then it happened, we went above the wind speed. That screen then disappeared! The captain said when we docked in New Orleans to get off the ship that we are all seasoned sailors. He said we went thru a hurricane and the ship didn't get damaged. I never like to come home from a trip, but I was glad to come home this time!

Not our best cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Indiana2018

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

I never like to come home from a trip, but I was glad to come home this time!
Indiana2018’s Full Rating Summary