• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

buffyone
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Standard Inside

Having only traveled in the past by air, automobile, or train, it was high time I tried a cruise, and a transatlantic cruise to me, seemed most adventurous.

Seven days alone, afloat on the temperamental Atlantic, inside a large ship filled with strangers, filled me with mild anticipation and intrepid fearfulness of what lay ahead on my crossing. Was I to perhaps be cut off from the outside world completely, and at the mercy of mother-nature and her sudden outbursts? Was I to go overboard on some stormy night? Was the ship sturdy enough to endure the perilous high seas, and was the Queen Mary II as majestic and elegant as all the legends had told?

I embarked at Southampton on November 3, 2019, and there were no lines or delays. It was a very simple affair and within 10 minutes I found my way to my stateroom which was on deck 4. I had an inside room with no views or balcony.

Standard Inside

Clean, sufficient, stocked fridge/bar, room service, breakfast in bed, phone, shower, hangers, safe, soft sheets, comfortable bed

Port Reviews

Southampton

Southampton is busy at the weekends especially when many cruise ships are arriving or departing. I arrived 4 hours early and would recommend doing so for comfort and less rushing around a busy port town

New York (Manhattan)