3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
I wish we had been told this was a "Stars at Sea, David Garrett" cruise when we booked it. David Garrett is a German violinist who plays Metallica and ACDC to the violin (plus some other stuff). He has a small bunch of German fans who are crazy about him. The problem was I was expecting the usual Queen Mary 2 shows to be performed and had no idea that that wouldn't be happening. Instead, David Garrett performs 3 concerts and you get tickets to just one of those concerts, so basically on the 5 night cruise there's only one evening of entertainment. The David Garrett concert begins at 10pm and has a 30 minute interval. The concert finishes at 00:30am. There are four entrances to the theatre and no organisation. So when one section is full they don't tell people which section still has seats (remember this is a ticketed event). The German people will happily take 3 seats for 2 people because that's how they are and there's no one overseeing this. The food was also adjusted for the Germans on-board. It was ok, but not as good as other cruises I've been on. On the first night I ordered sirloin steak because I didn't like any of the choices and it was just ok. Comparing the steak between my last Celebrity cruise with the Queen Mary and it's disappointing that Cunard doesn't match up. Having said all that, it was my first time on the Queen Mary 2. I loved that the ship didn't feel crowded. I loved deck 7 for walking around the ship. I enjoyed the company we had in the restaurant in the evening. If I was travelling to New York and there was a good deal going, I would happily book to go on the Queen Mary again.

David Garrett German Cruise from Hamburg

Multiplex2019’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, sheltered
Cabin BZ
The cabin was pretty good, but is looking a little tired. The bathroom is a little tired too. Having been on more modern ships it was a slight disappointment. Cabin 5054's entrance door is opposite a crew entrance door so it might be better being in a cabin a couple of cabins forward although there wasn't too much disturbance from it. The balcony was great with amazing views.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins