3. Carnival Liberty
We chose this cruise because we were looking for a cheap weekend getaway, preferably out of Port Canaveral as we drive down from metro Atlanta. The old adage you get what you pay for should have been popping into my head. We tried Carnival because I had sailed to Cozumel many years ago on Sensation and remembered it fondly. After this sailing it all makes sense why. When I sailed on the Sensation, I was in my early 20’s and enjoyed partaking of the wild and crazy party atmosphere, not so much in my late 30’s with my 11 year old daughter. The ship is definitely showing her age, especially in the cabins. Worn, lumpy mattresses and dingy carpet. The colors are borderline offensive to the eye and there were several places on the ship where the smell could only be compared to a port-o-John, including the bathroom in our cabin. The food in the MDR was decent and both of our servers, Warren and Elmer(they switched our table after the first night) were great. The food elsewhere was ok when it was available (we came back to the ship from Nassau at 6:30 PM and most dining was closed) but there was always an extensive line. We were really hoping for a good experience but in hindsight, I wish I had spent a couple hundred more to sail on Mariner of the Seas instead.

Great Cruise to get your drink on, not so great otherwise

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Kevin Paridee

Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C
Dirty looking, awful mattress, terrible decor and a smelly bathroom
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins