3. Marella Discovery 2
I`m just back from a week on Discovery 2 and wasn`t disappointed. The ship was a lovely ship and the service was fantastic as I would expect from TUI. People have moaned about the bar service, that just ain`t true as the service was second to none and this is my 6th cruise and I`ve seen bad bar service on other ships. They even have wine and lager on tap in the Islands buffet area. The staff in every department of the ship are so hard working and can`t do enough for you. The ship it`s self is a nice ship and the itinerary was really good. I had a Balcony and have now learnt to be at the bow and on the starboard side or you`ll not get any sun and the smoke from the funnels at night comes down the side towards the aft sides. The 47 restaurant wasn`t the best menu and sometimes you had to wait about 40 mins to get seated, even if they weren`t full. Was the biggest negative on the ship. It was better to go up to the Islands Buffet as the food was good. The shows were ok, but nothing brilliant, as I expect from TUI. The tv in the room was worse than useless, no news channels and limited programmes with same films repeated everyday. The discovery 2 isn`t for kids either. very few facilities for them. But overall I would def go back, but try the Eplorer2 as it`s adults only.

Very enjoyable

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by jimbob2

I`m just back from a week on Discovery 2 and wasn`t disappointed.

They even have wine and lager on tap in the Islands buffet area.

The ship it`s self is a nice ship and the itinerary was really good.

It was better to go up to the Islands Buffet as the food was good.

The shows were ok, but nothing brilliant, as I expect from TUI.

The discovery 2 isn`t for kids either. very few facilities for them.

But overall I would def go back, but try the Eplorer2 as it`s adults only.
jimbob2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery 2 price drops

no fridge and very basic