3. Marella Discovery 2
We chose this cruise as we had never done Portugal and Spain - we teamed up with a 3 night stay in Alcudia. From the first evening we were given cause to be disappointed, arriving for dinner at 7.15 to be told the restaurant was full and we were given a pager to come back in 40 minutes. On entering the restaurant it was evident there was a problem. Only half of the restaurant was being used - it looked a staffing issue - the dining experience was totally compromised and there was a total lack of atmosphere - previous cruise experience has been one of very busy restaurants full of chatter and very busy staff. The bar service on this ship was appalling - this was raised with the Bar Manager around the pool to no evail. I raised my concerns with Tui on my return only to be told that they had had no other reports of poor service or poor quality of food. My husband and I are not fussy eaters and will eat anything as long as it is served hot - most of our food was not. We even tried eating in the Italian style restaurant but received the same poor service / poor quality food. The saving grace for this cruise was the entertainment - exceptional as usual. We normally choose an outside cabin but as this was only for a week we chose an inside cabin this time and were pleasantly surprised. Our cabin was actually bigger than those with balconies.

Magic of Spain - 28th September 2019

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by lynne1508

lynne1508’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery 2 price drops

Inside cabin was very spacious but very dusty. Bed made every day and clean towels provided.