Carnival Horizon Cruise Review

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by Julez1787

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Harbor Suite

I was very disappointed with this ship. Starting from the staff down to the food. I have cruised 3 different times in the past. Twice with Royal, and Once with Carnival. I can honestly say Carnival seems to be slowly falling off a cliff. You can definitely tell they're cutting around every corner they can to save money. The food wasn't up to par, with any of my previous cruises. The food on the menus at the restaurant, would stay the same almost every day. And only 2 or maybe 3 things would change on the menu. The buffet seemed to lack variety, and the 5 options they had weren't edible. The wax they put on the floors makes it very slippery. I slipped on it and fell carrying my 2 year old. Carnival and the crew aboard the ship know about this issue but just don't seem to be worried or care to fix the problem, so people just keep slipping and falling all over the place. Our rooms weren't cleaned thoroughly enough. The plumbing in our bathroom stunk from the first day we walked in. The curtains and floors had stains on them. Finger prints on the balcony glass door. Dust build up on top of the tvs. Trash inside one of the cubby compartments under the kids tv in our family harbor suite. Also it seemed to me and a few other passengers aboard that some of the staff seem to be overworked and unhappy. The whole ship seems to be way too crowded. Especially in the buffet and main attraction areas. Allure is twice as big of a ship and Royal will only put 1200 more passengers. I did however like the bar, my kids loved the kids pool area. I like that in camp ocean they watch my kids for free. And also that Carnival does offer better ports to visit. But i do not think that for the $3200 i paid this ship was worth it. This ship changed my overall view of Carnival as one of the best in the cruising industry. And i do not see my self ever cruising again with Carnival, even with all the ports they offer to visit.

Julez1787's Full Rating Summary