3. Carnival Horizon
I provided a review for Carnival Breeze a year ago and this being a bit larger ship, we decided to cruise the Horizon. We arrived in the Port of Miami at 1040, expecting to wait until 1230 to check in. That was not the case. It appears that each port has its own way of doing things. We were rushed thru the process and was aboard at 1110. I cant complain about that. Tampa made you sit and wait until your time was called. So nicely done. Once onboard, you have to wait until 1 30 to get to your room, which is expected. Most Carnival cruisers know to go to the Lido and grab lunch usually at Guy's burgers or inside at the buffet. It was very busy to say the least. Food was good at Guy's burgers. Once in our room the room was clean and neat. We met our room steward within 10 minutes. My requests we simple, we prefer morning room cleaning and ice. Which we received every day. The water I ordered was there as well. The crew on our deck was very good. Food: We ate at the Italian restaurant the first night. My dinner was very good and great service. The others at my table had issues with the meatballs being under cooked, and the Chef came out to discuss it with them. I myself had no issues. The lido buffet was just like any other cruise, it was what you would expect. Some surprises however, there is a shop called the Sweet Shop, that has cakes (full size pieces) with usually 4-6 different kinds, and a sugar free option. That was nice. The other surprise was that between 1030 and 1230(late night) you can go to the Lido and get Ham and Cheese sandwiches, cookies and one night, meatball subs. Its a nice touch. Food overall is what you expect for most people that ride carnival. Overall: The ship for me was nice, but it was a full cruise and a lot of people. There was a line for everything, just too many people, which made the lido hot and the AC was working overtime. The out of the ordinary: Ship had to Helo off a sick person, which did not delay the trip in any way. One injury from a excursion, and two fights on board, in which once person was escorted in handcuffs off the ship in Miami at 0615. Some people won at the Casino, I actually won 100 dollars, but lost more than won. The skill games are rigged, as no one won money from those machines, but I've seen others win on other ships.

Everything is subjective

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by bikerdan99

bikerdan99’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C
Nice and clean, great staff.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins