3. Allure of the Seas
My wife and I have been cruising for over 20 years, mostly with Royal Carribean (Diamond plus member), but also have cruised with Norwegian, Disney and Carnival. We've been on the Allure of the Seas twice now and can say without any doubt we will not book another cruise on this ship. I will say before I get into the reason for our dissatisfaction with the ship that like with any place there were some excellent staff experiences, but unfortunately there were many negative experiences as well. Service at Royal Carribean has steadily declined the past few years and it's my personnel opinion that's due to the fact crew members get their tip regardless of their job performance. I do understand the need to mandate tips, but i'll never understand why as the customer you can't give the tips to those that earn it (Royal justifies their practice by telling you you can give extra to those you'd like to) to me that's not the point. Below is a list of complaints: Getting on the ship was a total cluster. We arrived at the port at 10:20 and didn't get on board until 11:35. We were supposed to get priority boarding, but were told that that group was already on board and could't stop the lines. There's a "sun" deck on floor 14, but there are no chairs? Weather was great all week for the most part. This was cruise number 21 for us and cabin porter service was by far the worst we've ever had. Normally the porter finds out what your habits/schedule are (when you leave your room and when you usually come back) not on this ship. Our room never got done on several occasions (each time we were out of the room better than 4 hours). We also received other passengers paperwork and never got ours several times. From day one and throughout the week of the cruise we never received our typical Diamond perks or paperwork We called the desk a couple of times, but that was futile so I'm guessing someone else enjoyed our perks. One night we pulled out the extra blanket that was stored under our bed folded in a plastic bag and it was disgusting. Large stains all over it. TV channel offerings are horrible. Slamming doors is a norm on a cruise ships , but hearing carts slamming so hard that walls shake at 1, 2, 3, am in the morning is not. We did't get much sleep on this cruise. Food quality has gone way down hill at Royal the last couple of years, and this Ship kept up with that trend and then some. One of the big reasons you go on a cruise is to eat, right? There was plenty of food at the Windjammer, but quality was pretty bad. The food was overcooked (by a lot) and in many cases items like spaghetti was clumped together dried out and hard. There's more, but I'll stop here and just say, my wife and I are retiring this year and won't let these experiences with Royal Carribean change the fact we plan on cruising a lot during retirement just not with Royal Carribean. We plan to give Norwegian cruises a try again.

Very disappointing cruise

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Bubagump

TV channel offerings are horrible.

Bubagump’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6N 9108
very noisy stay away
Cabin staff very bad . followed their own schedule, very slow.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins