3. Coral Princess
This cruise came about when my wife and I wanted a quick getaway. We were were on the Ruby last year in Alaska and were looking to take it's repositioning trip south but the Coral itinerary (stopping once in Astoria) was better so that was that. The ship does have a few odd perks. Buffet is forward instead of aft, restaurants are also forward. International cafe is open to the casino, a definite negative. Almost everything else, however, is a strong positive. Ship was in good condition, most of the crew was great and entertainment was wonderful. We spent a lot of time listening to music in the Wheelhouse bar, mostly the jazz band but had plenty of dance music options. Princess stage entertainment was great. Bayou steakhouse was a strong negative. First, who decided that a cajun steakhouse was a good idea? The venue had no idea what it wanted to be. Second, service was poor with an invisible head waiter and inattentive waiter. Finally, my NY strip was tough beyond belief. I have never sent any dish back in my life until I tried to eat the steak. It was properly cooked medium rare but still not worth eating. My wife's filet was not properly cooked but the waiter never stuck around long enough for us to report the problem. Service took forever and I was charged for a bottle of wine I never ordered (ultimately resolved with 3 trips to the service desk.) This was one negative in an overall very positive experience. Main dining room was good (waits for mytime dining a bit long) and all other venues we tried were great.

A relaxing 4-night cruise and overall positive experience

txjim09’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D610
Carbon was clean, in great condition. We had an uncovered balcony, probably would not do that again.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins