3. Coral Princess
My husband and I needed a worry-free escape from stressful jobs, one that, once we left the house, was completely taken care of. On this 4 night cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles, we were able to afford a Club Class Mini Suite with Princess transfers at the Vancouver Airport and an overnight at the Four Seasons Hotel. The transfers and hotel stay were well worth the price for us. As soon as we left Customs, a Princess Rep whisked us to a cab and handed a voucher to the driver. At the lovely Four Seasons we were upgraded to a magnificent one bedroom suite with a breathtaking city view. Our luggage was picked up from our suite at 8am the next morning and we didn't have to think about it again until it was safely delivered to our cabin in the very early afternoon. As others have mentioned, embarkation in Vancouver was a mess. There were 3 ships in Port disembarking when we arrived at about 9:45am, and we were herded here, there, and everywhere while the port employees tried to figure out what to do with us and where we were supposed to go. Once we cleared Customs and Princess had more control over the situation, things were much more organized. We were safely on board and in our cabin before 11:30am. Our cabin was very clean, spacious, and in good order. The tub/shower combination in the bathroom was worth the price of the suite. Our cabin steward Jeffrey was perfect in every way and greatly enhanced our experience. Our luggage was delivered very promptly. We couldn't have been happier with Club Class Dining. The separate area of the Bordeaux Dining Room was very peaceful and the service most attentive. The food was good and the extra dish often noteworthy. We never had to wait for a table, and our beverages of choice were instantly at hand. My husband enjoyed the variety of the buffet, but the quality of the food and lack of substantial vegetarian items made it a no go for me. We had Room Service a couple of times. The menu was small as were the portions, but the service was very friendly and you could order as much of any item as you wanted. I had pizza from the Lido Deck on the last day and wondered why I had waited so long. It was really good. The Coral Princess is very clean and well maintained. The crew is pleasant and seemed to work well together as a team. We enjoyed the less frantic atmosphere of a smaller ship, and found plenty of areas to enjoy the solitude of the sea away from others. I thoroughly enjoyed the Thermal Suite in the Lotus Spa. The heated beds were so relaxing, and I'm glad I invested in a pass. It was well worth it to me. It was too cold for us to brave Movies Under the Stars, but the movies also played on the televisions in our cabin and in the Princess Theater. We indulged in Premiere Coffee Cards and are glad we did. Although there could be long lines at the International Cafe, especially in the mornings, my husband greatly enjoyed the specialty frozen beverages available. I enjoyed an after dinner latte in Club Class more than once, along with an occasional Mocktail. Disembarkation in San Pedro was a breeze. We enjoyed a final Club Class breakfast with the same attentive service we had received during the rest of the cruise. We were not rushed or hurried in any way. After a leisurely meal we made our way to the quiet Platinum Lounge until our group was called. Once off the ship, our luggage was easily located and a Lyft quickly obtained for our short trip home. We thoroughly enjoyed our time aboard the lovely Coral Princess and hope to be cruising again before too long.

Peaceful Club Class Cruise

FlutePrayer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1 D-414
Our spotless Club Class cabin mid-ship on Deck 9 was perfect for the stormy sea we encountered our first night out. Although we were very close to the elevators, we enjoyed all of the convenience and none of the noise. We enjoyed the two wall-mounted flat screen televisions. Our balcony was roomy and comfortable. There was plenty of storage space. We enjoyed the extra room and tub/shower combination of a Mini Suite.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins