3. Norwegian Epic
This is my review of the varies dinning areas: No fee restaurants: 1- The main dinning restaurants (Manhattan for dinner and Taste for breakfast) ... were really hit and miss for. Meaning a lot more mediocre meals, with more lengthy waits the I am accustomed to. This seems to be a growing trend on all cruise lines, not just Norwegian. Perhaps intended so more customers will pony up for a specialty meal? 2- O'Sheehans ... This is a much better 24 hour restaurant than most cruises offer. Most cruise ships only offer coffee pastries and a very limited amount of microwavable food during the early morning hours. O'Sheehan's offer hot meals until 4AM. And open for breakfast at 5AM. With the typical pastries and coffee served as they are gearing up for breakfast, between 4 and 5AM. I ate here most every morning I woke up early and/or had an early excursion scheduled. 3- Garden Buffet ... Typical eat at your own risk buffet food, that all cruise lines seem to offer these days. Though a few buffet meals were surprising good for a buffet. There were many more meals that were left on my plate. This is true with all cruise line buffet meals, in my viewpoint. So take my viewpoint, with that in mind 4- The main dinning rooms (Manhattan and Taste) ... Kind of hit and miss. Gone are the day when main dinning rooms served up amazing meals, each and every meal. In my viewpoint, this is true on all cruise lines (not just Norwegian). And the servers seemed rushed and uncommunicative. 5- Shanghai Noodle Bar ... This is far more than a noodle bar. They serve a full line of Asian food, with very friendly service. This was by far, my favorite no fee restaurant. Specialty dinning: Mondero (a Brazilian Steakhouse... Truly a great concept which should have excelled. Where you first start with a self serve salad bar (which a great). you are then brought varies cuts of meat that are sliced right there at your table. The problem is, it was just meat samples sliced off a huge portion and placed on your plate with no seasoning or dipping sauce to give it the flavor meat needs. Meat without seasoning is hardly ever good. Very disappointed. Cagney's (an American Steakhouse) - First time there I was served the most flavorful rib-eye steak, cooked and seasoned to perfection I think I ever tasted in my life. Literally melted in my mouth and packed with flavor. I went there on my last night of cruise and each meal ordered, the meat was very overcooked. My medium rare Rib-Eye was served medium at best. My wife's medium surf and turf order was served well done. Same meals ordered on different nights, with shockingly different results. Entertainment shows: This is were I think the Norwegian Epic excelled. Here are my reviews of the shows that I saw in epic theater: 1- Cirque Dreams dinner show ... You have to pay extra for this show. But, it is so worth it. And not actually in the Epic Theater, but next to it. The dinner itself was not much of a menu. As you selected from two main entrees, an appointed appetizer and a desert. But, it was surprisingly good. And the show itself was WITHOUT QUESTION, the best entertainment show I ever seen on a cruise and it is virtually seen ... right in your lap. Pay a little more and see the show without dinner. Pay quite a bit more and see the show with a dinner. Either way, you will not be disappointed. I guarantee. 2- Burn the Dance Floor ... Started off a bit slow. But quickly became a highly energized singing and dancing extravaganza. I highly recommend. 3- Princess Priscilla ... As someone who never even remotely heard of the book or movie that this show was based on ... I came in, not knowing what to expect. All I can say is this show offers some wildly entertaining and flamboyant costume changes and great lip sinking. But, the story line itself kind of weird and just hard to follow. And definitely not for those who are homophobic in any way. I really liked the gym. Mostly because they were well stocked and had the same brand of fitness equipment my gym at home has. And the included drink package made this cruise more fun than it would have been without. I would have given 5 stars for service ... But, the rushed and rather unfriendly servers at the Manhattan restaurant, brought it down one star for me. Honestly, all other servers and staff were a solid 5 stars in my viewpoint.

This cruise had its Ups and it had its Downs.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Foxstar

This is my review of the varies dinning areas:

No fee restaurants:

Specialty dinning:

Entertainment shows:

Foxstar’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BC 8096
These cabins seemed to be a bit smaller than most cruise ships I have been on in the past offered. Sometimes bordering on being claustrophobic. Especially the toilet area. But, this might very well be because a sofa large enough to sleep on, took up a huge of cabin space. Making it hard for two people to navigate around each other. A smaller sofa would have sufficed and gave more room to navigate and opened up more room in the toilet area. But, plenty of cabinet space for two people and a room safe made things better. One other point to taken under consideration is my even number cabin always seemed to face the docks whenever the shipped docked. I would have preferred more views looking anywhere but the dock.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins