Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review by rockymountain123
- Sail Date: August 2019
- Destination: Baltic Sea
- Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom
1) Lido Buffet - there was ALWAYS long line-up for food as most of the time there was only ONE server. Those servers only put a little food on the plate and thus made guests to line up again for food. We ate the same type of food for 15 days - just BORING.
I remember vividly that one time I sailed with another cruise line on Asia route, the day I was in Thailand I had Thai food, while I was in Vietnam I had Vietnamese food.
2) Entertainment - very weak casts and artist/s usually repeated in two nights in such a tiny stage of the WORLD THEATRE.
3) Cruise Director - I have been cruising for 13 times. Justin had an easy job. He showed up at the WORLD THEATRE only on the 3rd night of the cruise. Through the 14-night cruise Justin only showed up for about 7 times. At one time he was watching the show with his friends and enjoying drinks. When the show was over Justin just left without going to the stage to greet the audience/guests informing what activities for the night, and for next day. I seldom saw him nor heard his announcements about activities on board. Guess he was paid very little, so he did just that little.
4) Sea Days - it was particular boring on sea days. I did not notice any activities on the pool side but only those seniors taking sun bathing. It was dead quiet.
There were NO talks about history of the next ports.
- Read more Holland America Nieuw Statendam Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Holland America Nieuw Statendam Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Rostock (Warnemunde)I booked the tour with an independent tour company with 60% of the price of the cruise ship.View All 376 Rostock (Warnemunde) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Rostock (Warnemunde) Cruise Port Review