3. Norwegian Jade
My husband and I chose this line because of a very good previous experience with this cruise line. We thought it will be the same, at least a pleasant one. However; it was the opposite. We found the food mediocre, the shows were not different, with the exception of the last show which was very good ( we went to four in a 11 day European cruise) the last one was the only one that we really enjoyed. Like the title reads we were not able to complete our itinerary due to a mechanical malfunction that was announced very late the night before we were suppose to arrive at this particular port of call (Livorno), which was also the before last port of call. The ship stayed in our last port of call for two nights instead. Civitavecchia is a port city with not much to do or see, and we were suppose to explore it instead of going to Pisa and Florence as we had planned. For the inconvenience the guest service staff explained that each cabin (not each person) will get a $100 dollars "to spend on the ship" or it will be credited to our last bill. Do you feel this is an equitable compensation for the inconvenience? of course not! My husband and I thought: who knows when we will be back to Europe? we live in Florida, USA. We decided to take a fast train to Florence because this was one of the main ports that interested us. We had to spend 100 euros in taxi fees and 200 euros in the train, not including the meals we had to purchase while in Florence for both of us and not only that but we were not able to go to Pisa because we had no time, even though we took the fast train, the trip is 1 and a half hours each way because we took it from Rome where the ship had to dock and not from Livorno which is much closer. On the other hand I must say that we enjoyed the ports of call, all the Greek Islands are beautiful, our cabin steward made our journey easier because of her hard work in keeping our cabin neat at all times. The majority of the ship's crew were very nice. I feel the inconvenience of not completing the original itinerary and the fact that guest services didn't have a professional way of handling questions and solving problems such as excursions bought independently and transportation to at least the train station, make us give the cruise a total rating of poor. Because we feel we didn't get our money worth and that they should have had handle the mechanical malfunction in a better way and compensate the passengers with an amount to at least cover transportation and expenses to the original port of call I feel that I will never again use this cruise line.

Ship broke down and we were not able to complete the itinerary :(

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by jsschenone

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Inside

jsschenone’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Inside
Cabin IF 4509
The cabin was ample and closet space was really good. The bathroom was also a comfortable size, big shower and I didn't feel claustrophobic. The ship has been remodeled recently and everything seemed new. The bed was also very comfortable, nice size flat screen tv. and hair dryer.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins