3. Norwegian Sun
I was aboard the Norwegian Sun for a work trip my company paid for. This was intended to be a treat for our team, but ended up being anything but. If anything, we've bonded over our mutual hate for Norwegian. First of all, and I can't overstate this enough, the food is extremely bad. This is important to state up front, because eating is virtually the only thing to do while you're onboard. The food served on the Norwegian Sun makes Applebees look gourmet. You will dream longfully for the reheated frozen food from TGI Fridays. The Orlando Airport food court will appear to be a culinary Valhalla after your time spent on the Norwegian Sun. Second, this extremely bad food is served by staff that simply don't care. You will sit down for dinner and wait 15 minutes to be greeted by your waiter. Each subsequent visit from your waiter will take 10-20 minutes. Your beverages and food will all arrive at room temperature. Your ability to even speak to your waiter will be blunted by the fact that he speaks under his breath and walks away as soon as he can. Finally, in case you were able to enjoy the cruise for other reasons, it will assuredly be spoiled by the captain's desire to catch air on the waves of the high sea. Multiple nights of my trip were completely sleepless as the captain pushed through intense weather, creating incredible turbulence onboard. The ship violently bobbed up and down for hours on end throughout the night. Many people I know were intensely seasick throughout the cruise because of this completely careless navigation. This is how your vacation tortures you. My work effectively made this trip free for me and I still hated it. I undoubtedly will never board another Norwegian ship for the rest of my life.

Terrible food, inattentive staff, and violent navigation

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Grumdy

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside

Grumdy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Family Inside
Cabin I1 8304
This cabin was barely adequate for two people. I can't imagine squeezing in more. My wife and I were tripping over our belongings for the entire trip because the room was so small.

The bathroom was just adequate for one of us at a time, and we're thin. The shower is going to be a challenge for the obese.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Key West
    Spending a day in Key West was a mixed bag. While I enjoyed walking through the town and the restaurant I visited, I didn't go on a cruise to spend a stop in the United States.
    View All 1,800 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Resort
    I greatly enjoyed visiting Atlantis and its water park. I would consider flying to Nassau specifically just to enjoy the water park again. I came in September, which is off peak, and there were no lines for any slides. I had a great time.

Unfortunately, NCL wanted to leave Nassau at 3:30pm(!!?!), so I had to cut my time off in the waterpark around 1. So, ultimately NCL managed to even spoil the one thing I was genuinely enjoying about the trip.
    View All 678 Atlantis Resort Reviews