3. Norwegian Sun
Lets start out by saying that we know the free at sea air program is new but.... it needs a serious overhaul. They had us going from el paso to seattle then to orlando the way there. 6pm -6am . Shuttle from the airport doesn't arrive until 9 and doesnt leave until 11. No food allowance for the 12+ hours of sleepless travel and we couldn't change anything so we stuck it out. The embarkation process was the best thing. Private escort so we didnt have to wait in line, VIP lounge with snacks and refreshments expedited check in. Amazing. But they lost a couple items from the drop off to our rooms, nothing to bad but rather a small annoyance ( among many) The view from the balcony was one of the highlights of our trip. Although it is unusable for the majority of the trip. It's super windy when the boat is moving and the hot tub takes for ever and a day to fill and was way to hot even for a hot tub. complimentary bottle of champagne, everyday snacks delivered was one thing the was amazing to have but there were days when the snacks weren't allergy friendly so the entire room couldn't enjoy them. The buttler francis was amazing but the concierge rubbed us very wrong from the beginning pushing expensive villas we repeatedly said we didnt want was one of the first. The room attendant was great and very attentive to our room but had complaints from others on our floor. They stopped doing towel animals which was sad but our butler did them for us. It was a hit or miss for enjoying our balcony because spinnackers bar was directly over us and a nice quiet still night turned into an obnoxious frat party real quick almost every night. The suite is in the front of the ship and all the dining options are in the back so you had to walk but it wasn't a very big ship for it to be a problem. My main complaint/concern is that we didnt know what duties and amenities were available to us from the staff. Feeling like we didn't utilize all the perks of our room was a little disappointing. Dining was great. Cagney's had complimentary breakfast and lunch for VIPs so it was a nice place to go to have a quiet meal. Portions are perfect. Enough for you to taste the food and go through all the courses. I never felt like I couldn't make make it to desert. Con: the staff is so fast at cleaning and clearing the table that I often found that I had to reorder a course because I blinked and it dissapeared. The food wasn't exotic. It was delicious and always had a variety but there wasn't something on the menu every night that I have never had before which was a little disappointing. Entertainment was great from the comedians dancers bands and performances. Glow party was a hot mess. There were couples and trios that got way too drunk and way too inappropriate. Not sure if was a rave or a public orgie. Layout got a bit confusing because the aft had only entrances so in order to travel to ANYWHERE else on the ship you had to go a couple floors up or down then towards the front. Once you hit the aft elevators you couldn't get out of the dining area. Elevators were tiny and only fit like 4 adults before you were ontop of another person. Spa was nice but the lady who did my massage insulted my post pregnancy belly and made me cry on two separate occasions by asking way to personal questions and didnt stop. Hurricane humberto was the reason why we couldn't go to great stirrup cay which was understandable and not to upsetting and many passengers expressed how unhappy they were with the decision to take a sea day instead of spending two days at a port or rerouting us to another one. Myself included. Each person was given a 20$ credit for the inconvenience. Overall it was nice but I dont think I'll be splurging on anything over a small balcony for future cruises with Norwegian.

Enjoyable but not satisfactory

Muttenchops’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin SB 1003

Overall it was nice but I dont think I'll be splurging on anything over a small balcony for future cruises with Norwegian. What they really needed was a welcome pamphlet in the room explaining ALL the perks of being in the owners suite and all responsibilities of the staff.
Pool Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins